Mechanosynthesis of Precursors for TiC–Cu Cermets
- 3 Downloads
The structural and phase state of the samples obtained by co-grinding of Ti and Cu powders under different conditions (with graphite, in petroleum ether, and in xylene) is investigated. It is demonstrated that after thermal treatment of powders obtained by milling of titanium, copper, and graphite in petroleum ether, both cubic titanium carbide and hexagonal titanium carbohydride are formed, whereas by milling without graphite, only hexagonal carbohydride possessing high thermal stability is formed. CuTi and CuTi2 intermetallic phases are formed under all examined conditions of mechanosynthesis.
Keywordsmechanosynthesis TiC–Cu phase composition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. Kiparisov, Yu. V. Levinskii, and A. P. Petrov, Titanium Carbide: Synthesis, Properties, and Application [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.A. I. Efimov, L. P. Belorukova, I. V. Vasil’kova, and V. P. Chechev, Properties of Inorganic Phases: A Handbook [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1983).Google Scholar
- 9.M. R. Akbarpour and F. A. Hesari, Mater. Res. Express, No. 3, 045004 (2016).Google Scholar
- 11.G. Rosas, N. Vargas, C. Patino-Carachure, et al., Revista Mexicana de Fízika, 55, No. 1, 114–117 (2009).Google Scholar
- 12.L. V. Zueva and A. I. Gusev, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 41, No. 7, 1134–1141 (1999).Google Scholar
- 14.S. F. Lomaeva, I. V. Povstugar, V. A. Volkov, et al., Khim. Inter. Ust. Razv., 17, 629–639 (2009).Google Scholar
- 15.H. J. Goldschmidt, Interstitial Alloys, Vols. 1–2 [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 16.I. Khidirov, ed., Neutron diffraction study of hydrogen thermoemission phenomenon from powder crystals, ISBN: 978-953-51-0307-3, InTech (2012) [Electronic resource]: http://www.intechopen.com/books/neutrondiffraction/neutron-diffraction-study-of-hydrogen-thermoemissionphenome-non-from-powder-crystals.
- 17.P. Yu. Butyagin, I. V. Berestetskaya, I. V. Kolbanev, and I. K. Pavlychev, Zh. Fiz. Khim., LX, No. 3, 579–584 (1986).Google Scholar
- 19.S. F. Lomaeva, Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 104, No. 4, 403–422 (2007).Google Scholar