Investigation of Backward Reflection from Aqueous Media at Arbitrary Grazing Angles
A model of backward reflection is presented which is distinguished by the fact that it takes account of excitation of counterpropagating waves in bounding media. For the case of a homogeneous aqueous medium, it is shown that the proposed model describes distinguishing features of the angular dependence of the backward reflection coefficients for all angles of incidence of the waves on the air–water interface. Characteristic regions of the angular dependence, associated with different mechanisms of formation of the backward reflection, are elucidated.
Keywordsbackward reflection grazing angle radar polarization Brewster angle counterpropagating waves
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. L. Lomukhin, V. P. Butkhanov, and E. B. Atutov, Elektromagn. Volny Elektronn. Sist., No. 12, 33–39 (2014).Google Scholar
- 5.R. P. Feynman, R. B. Leighton, and M. Sands, The Feynman Lectures on Physics, Vol. 3, Quantum Mechanics, Addison–Wesley, New York (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. L. Lomukhin, in: Proc. of the Third All-Russian Microwave Conference, Moscow (2015), pp. 309–313.Google Scholar
- 7.F. G. Bass and I. M. Fuchs, Scattering of Waves from Statistically Rough Surfaces, Plenum Press, New York (1978).Google Scholar
- 8.F. E. Nathanson, J. P. Reilly, and M. N. Cohen, Radar Design Principles, SciTech Publishing, Raleigh (1999).Google Scholar
- 9.G. Morris, Airborne Pulsed Doppler Radar, Artech House, Norwood (1988).Google Scholar
- 10.B. Ya. Zel’dovich, N. F. Pilipetsky, and V. V. Shkunov, Principles of Optical Phase Conjugation, Springer Verlag, Berlin (1985).Google Scholar
- 11.V. N. Kornienko, A. P. Privezentsev, and V. A. Cherepenin, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fizich., 78, No. 12, 1555–1558 (2014).Google Scholar
- 12.A. V. Popov and M. V. Bortsova, Sist. Upravl., Navig. Zv’azku, Issue 1, No. 17, 47–55 (2011).Google Scholar
- 13.G. P. Kulemin, Usp. Sovrem. Radioelektron., No. 12, 17–48 (1998).Google Scholar