Comment on: ‘‘The effect of pressure on morphological features and quality of synthesized graphene’’ [Res Chem Intermed journal DOI 10.1007/s11164-016-2594-8]
- 160 Downloads
In their recent article, Alipour et al. (Res Chem Intermed, 1. doi: 10.1007/s11164-016-2594-8) studied the effect of pressure on the morphological characteristics and quality of synthesized graphene from SEM data. Here, the basics of fractal calculations and depth histogram will be explained to avoid such egregious mistakes between using AFM, SEM and stereo SEM images by authors.
KeywordsMorphological features Depth histogram Abbott–Firestone curve Root mean square Atomic force microscopy Scanning electron microscopy
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors report no conflict of interests. The authors alone are responsible for the content and writing of the paper.
- 5.Ş. Ţălu, Micro and Nanoscale Characterization of Three Dimensional Surfaces. Basics and Applications (Napoca Star, Cluj-Napoca, 2015)Google Scholar
- 7.I. Ferguson, Scanning electron microscopy: applications and techniques, in UKAEA Diffraction Analysis Conference, Windscale, Warrington (1976)Google Scholar
- 8.O. Wells, Scanning Electron Microscopy (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1974)Google Scholar
- 10.D.N. Bhat, S.K. Nayar, Stereo and specular reflection. Mach. Vis. Appl. 26(2), 91–106 (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.ISO 25178-2, Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS)—Surface Texture: Areal—Part 2: Terms, Definitions and Surface Texture Parameters (2012). http://www.iso.org