Generation of Acoustic Phonons in Semiconductor Superlattice in the Case of an Intraband Absorption of Electromagnetic Wave
- 26 Downloads
We obtain the damping coefficient of an acoustic wave for the case of intraband multiphoton absorption of an electromagnetic wave in a superlattice. The ranges in which the acoustic damping coefficient reverses sign are determined for the sound-propagation directions which are transverse and parallel to the superlattice axis. Numerical summation of the series for the acoustic-wave gain is performed for typical parameters of the superlattice. The gain is estimated numerically. It is noted that multiphoton absorption affects the acoustic-wave gain in the superlattice if the field value is much smaller than that in a standard semiconductor.
KeywordsElectromagnetic Wave Acoustic Wave Quantum Electronics Nonlinear Optic Acoustic Phonon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. M. Epshtein, JETP Lett., 364 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.E. M. Epshtein, Sov. Phys. Semicond., 11, 243 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.F. T. Vas'ko, Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 19, No.11, 3274 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.V. L. Gurevich and D. A. Parshin, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz., 72, No.4, 1589 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.E. M. Epshtein, G. M. Shmelev, and G. I. Tsurkan, Photoinduced Processes in Semiconductors [in Russian], Shtiintsa, Kishinev (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.G. M. Shmelev, S. Y. Mensah, and G. I. Tsurkan, J. Phys. C, 21, 1073 (1988).Google Scholar