On certain weighted 7-colored partitions
- 69 Downloads
Inspired by Andrews’ 2-colored generalized Frobenius partitions, we consider certain weighted 7-colored partition functions and establish some interesting Ramanujan-type identities and congruences. Moreover, we provide combinatorial interpretations of some congruences modulo 5 and 7. Finally, we study the properties of weighted 7-colored partitions weighted by the parity of certain partition statistics.
KeywordsWeighted 7-colored partition Ramanujan-type congruence Unified multirank Vector crank
Mathematics Subject Classification05A17 11P83 05A30
The authors would like to thank George E. Andrews, Shishuo Fu, Michael D. Hirschhorn, and Ae Ja Yee for their helpful comments and suggestions that have improved this paper to a great extent. The authors also acknowledge the helpful suggestions made by the referee.
- 1.Andrews, G.E.: The theory of partitions. Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications, vol. 2. Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading, MA, 1976. xiv+255 pp (Reprinted: Cambridge University Press, London and New York, 1984)Google Scholar
- 2.Andrews, G.E.: Generalized Frobenius Partitions. Mem. Am. Math. Soc. 49, no. 301, iv+44 pp (1984)Google Scholar
- 6.Berndt, B.C.: Ramanujan’s Notebooks. Part III. Springer, New York, xiv+510 pp (1991)Google Scholar
- 7.Berndt, B.C.: Number theory in the spirit of Ramanujan. Student Mathematical Library, vol. 34. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, xx+187 pp (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Fu, S., Tang, D.: Multiranks and classical theta functions. Int. J. Number Theory (in press)Google Scholar
- 13.Garvan, F.G.: Generalizations of Dyson’s rank, Thesis (Ph.D.), The Pennsylvania State University (1986)Google Scholar
- 15.Kim, B.: Partition statistics for cubic partition pairs. Electron. J. Combin. 18, no. 1, Paper 128 (2011)Google Scholar