An infinite family of circulant graphs with perfect state transfer in discrete quantum walks
- 25 Downloads
We study perfect state transfer in Kendon’s model of discrete quantum walks. In particular, we give a characterization of perfect state transfer purely in terms of the graph spectra, and construct an infinite family of 4-regular circulant graphs that admit perfect state transfer. Prior to our work, the only known infinite families of examples were variants of cycles and diamond chains.
The author would like to thank Ada Chan, Gabriel Coutinho, Chris Godsil, Krystal Guo, and Christino Tamon for their helpful discussion and generous comments. The author appreciates the time and effort taken by the referees to review this manuscript.
- 1.Aharonov, D., Ambainis, A., Kempe, J., Vazirani, U.: Quantum walks on graphs. In: Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, pp. 50–59 (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Coutinho, G.: Quantum state transfer in graphs, Ph.D. thesis, University of Waterloo (2014)Google Scholar
- 19.Godsil, C.: Graph Spectra and Quantum Walks, Unpublished, (2015)Google Scholar
- 21.Godsil, C., Smith, J.: Strongly cospectral vertices, arXiv:1709.07975 (2017)
- 27.Kurzyński, P., Wójcik, A.: Discrete-time quantum walk approach to state transfer. Phys. Rev. A Atomic Mol. Opt. Phys. 83(6), 062315 (2011)Google Scholar
- 32.Szegedy, M.: Quantum speed-up of Markov chain based algorithms. 45th Annual IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pp. 32–41 (2004)Google Scholar
- 35.Yoshie, Y.: Periodicity of Grover walks on distance-regular graphs. arXiv:1805.07681 (2018)
- 36.Zhan, H.: Discrete Quantum Walks on Graphs and Digraphs, Ph.D. thesis (2018)Google Scholar