Teleportation of a qubit using entangled non-orthogonal states: a comparative study
- 168 Downloads
The effect of non-orthogonality of an entangled non-orthogonal state-based quantum channel is investigated in detail in the context of the teleportation of a qubit. Specifically, average fidelity, minimum fidelity and minimum assured fidelity (MASFI) are obtained for teleportation of a single-qubit state using all the Bell-type entangled non-orthogonal states known as quasi-Bell states. Using Horodecki criterion, it is shown that the teleportation scheme obtained by replacing the quantum channel (Bell state) of the usual teleportation scheme by a quasi-Bell state is optimal. Further, the performance of various quasi-Bell states as teleportation channel is compared in an ideal situation (i.e., in the absence of noise) and under different noise models (e.g., amplitude and phase damping channels). It is observed that the best choice of the quasi-Bell state depends on the amount non-orthogonality, both in noisy and noiseless case. A specific quasi-Bell state, which was found to be maximally entangled in the ideal conditions, is shown to be less efficient as a teleportation channel compared to other quasi-Bell states in particular cases when subjected to noisy channels. It has also been observed that usually the value of average fidelity falls with an increase in the number of qubits exposed to noisy channels (viz., Alice’s, Bob’s and to be teleported qubits), but the converse may be observed in some particular cases.
KeywordsTeleportation Quasi-Bell state Entangled non-orthogonal state Quantitative measures of quality of teleportation
VV and AP thank Department of Science and Technology (DST), India, for the support provided through the Project Number EMR/2015/000393.
- 12.Mann, A., Sanders, B.C., Munro, W.J.: Bell’s inequality for an entanglement of nonorthogonal states. Phys. Rev. A 51, 989–991 (1995)Google Scholar
- 19.Prakash, H., Mishra, M.K.: Increasing Average Fidelity by Using Non-Maximally Entangled Resource in Teleportation of Superposed Coherent States. arxiv:1107.2533 (2011)
- 24.Hirota, O., Van Enk, S.J., Nakamura, K., Sohma, M., Kato, K.: Entangled Nonorthogonal States and Their Decoherence Properties. arXiv:quant-ph/0101096 (2001)
- 25.de Souza, D.D., Vidiella-Barranco, A.: Quantum Phase Estimation with Squeezed Quasi-Bell States. arxiv:1609.00370 (2016)
- 27.Prakash, H., Chandra, N., Prakash, R., Shivani: Effect of decoherence on fidelity in teleportation of entangled coherent states. Int. J. Quantum Inf. 6, 1077–1092 (2008)Google Scholar
- 42.Banerjee, A., Shukla, C., Thapliyal, K, Pathak, A., Panigrahi, P. K.: Asymmetric Quantum Dialogue in Noisy Environment. Quantum Inf. Process. 16, 49 (2017). doi: 10.1007/s11128-016-1508-4
- 43.Shukla, C., Thapliyal, K., Pathak, A.: Hierarchical Joint Remote State Preparation in Noisy Environment. arxiv:1605.07399 (2016)
- 45.Thapliyal, K., Pathak, A., Banerjee, S.: Quantum Cryptography Over Non-Markovian Channels. arxiv:1608.06071 (2016)