The influence of temperature on the average number of optical phonons in a polar slab of semiconductors
The effects of temperature T, average number of optical phonons N, the phonon frequency \(\omega \) and slab thickness d in a polar slab were investigated using the linear combination operator and unitary transformation methods. The results showed that the phonon frequency \(\omega \) increases with increasing temperature T, but the average number of optical phonons N and phonon frequency \(\omega \) decreases with the increase in slab thickness d. When the slab thickness is <5 nm, N decreases sharply, and when the slab thickness is <10 nm, the phonon frequency \(\omega \) and slab thickness d changed significantly.
KeywordsTemperature Polaron Mean number of optical phonons Polar slab
- 6.Gu, S.-W., Kong, X.-J., Wei, C.-W.: A magnetopolaron in a slab of a polar crystal. Phys. C Solid State Phys. 21, 1497–1510 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Eerdun, C.L., Li, S.S., Xiao, J.J.: Influence of electron-surface phonon strong-coupling on properties of polaron in a CdF2 semiconductor slab. Chin. Semicond. 21, 225 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, X.Q., Xiao, J.L.: The bound polaron in a polar semiconductor slab. J. Lumin. 12, 843 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Qin, R.H., Gu, S.W.: Temperature dependence of electron selfenery and effective mass in a polar crystal quantum well. J. Shanghai Jiaotong Univ. 32, 3 (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.Qin, R.H., Gu, S.W.: Polaron in a polar crystal slab. J. Shanghai Jiaotong Univ. 32, 89 (1998)Google Scholar