Dynamics of relative entropy of coherence under Markovian channels
- 399 Downloads
We study the relative entropy of coherence under the effect of certain one-qubit channels that are Markovian and noisy. The cohering power and decohering power of phase damping, amplitude damping, flip and depolarizing channels are analytically calculated. For phase damping channel, the decohering power on the \(x,\ y,\) and z bases is the same. The same phenomenon is observed for the flip and depolarizing channels. Further, we show that weak measurement and its reversal can be employed to suppress the decohering power of the amplitude damping channel.
KeywordsRelative entropy of coherence Markovian channels Decoherence Weak measurement
We are very grateful to the reviewers and the editors for their invaluable comments and detailed suggestions that helped to improve the quality of the present paper. This work was supported by NSFC under Grant Nos. 11504205, 61502179, 61472452, the Fundamental Research Funds of Shandong University under Grant No. 2014TB018, and the Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province of China under Grant No. 2014A030310265. H.Z. Situ was sponsored by the State Scholarship Fund of the China Scholarship Council.
- 17.Hu, X.Y., Fan, H.: Coherence extraction from measurement-induced disturbance. arXiv:1508.01978 (2015)
- 21.Hu, X.Y.: Coherence non-generating channels. arXiv:1604.00145 (2016)
- 22.Liu, Z.W., Hu, X.Y., Lloyd, S.: A theory of resource destruction. arXiv:1606.03723 (2016)
- 24.Singh, U., Bera, M.N., Misra, A., Pati, A.K.: Erasing quantum coherence: An operational approach. arXiv:1506.08186 (2015)
- 27.Xi, Z.J., Hu, M.L., Li, Y.M., Fan, H.: Cohering power of unitary operations and de-cohering of quantum operations. arXiv:1510.06473 (2015)