KeywordsThe path of carbon in photosynthesis Calvin–Benson cycle RuBP Rubisco Phosphoglycerate PGA Sulfolipid
Ribulose bis-phosphate carboxylase oxygenase
The black-and-white photograph of Professor Benson was reprinted with permission from the Annual Review of Plant Biology, Vol. 53, 2002 by Annual Reviews. The authors thank Arthur Nonomura for providing key information on Andrew Benson’s life and contributions made in the latter part of his career and his assistance in editing the manuscript.
- Buchanan BB (2012) A conversation with Andrew Benson. Reflections on the discovery of the Calvin–Benson cycle. You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfQQJ2vR_xE
- Harkewicz L (2006) Oral history of Andrew Alm Benson. http://libraries.ucsd.edu/speccoll/siooralhistories/Benson.pdf
- Morton O (2009) Eating the sun: how plants power the planet. Harper Perennial, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Photosynthesis Research (2007) A tribute to Andrew A. Benson, vol. 92, No. 2, pp. 142–271Google Scholar
- Walker T (2012) Botany: a blooming history: photosynthesis. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p011lymf