A new approach to constrained optimization via image space analysis
- 215 Downloads
In this article, by introducing a class of nonlinear separation functions, the image space analysis is employed to investigate a class of constrained optimization problems. Furthermore, the equivalence between the existence of nonlinear separation function and a saddle point condition for a generalized Lagrangian function associated with the given problem is proved.
KeywordsImage space analysis Scalarization of vector optimization Linear and nonlinear separation Saddle point Generalized Lagrangian
Mathematics Subject Classification90C26 90C29 26B25
The authors are grateful to the referee for the comments and helpful suggestions, which have improved the presentation of this paper. The second author was partially supported by the Center of Excellence for Mathematics, University of Isfahan, Iran.
- 3.Castellani, G., Giannessi, F.: Decomposition of mathematical programs by means of theorems of alternative for linear and nonlinear systems. Survey of mathematical pro- gramming. In: Proceedings of ninth international mathematical programming symposium, Budapest, vol 2. North-Holland, pp. 423–439 (1979)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, J., Li, S., Wan, Z., Yao, J. C.: Vector variational-like inequalities with constraints: separation and alternative. J. Optim. Theory Appl. (2015, in press)Google Scholar
- 9.Giannessi, F., Mastroeni, G., Pellegrini, L.: On the theory of vector optimization and variational inequalities. Image space analysis and separation.Vector variational inequalities and vector equilibria. In: Giannessi, F. (ed.) Mathematical Theories. Kluwer, Dordrecht (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Giannessi, F., Pellegrini, L.: Image space analysis for vector optimization and variational inequalities. Scalarization. Combinatorial and Global Optimization, Ser. Appl. Math., vol. 14, pp. 97–110. World Sci. Publ., River Edge (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Giannessi, F.: Constrained Optimization and Image Space Analysis. Separation of Sets and Optimality Conditions, vol. 1. Springer, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Giannessi, F., Maugeri, A.: Variational Analysis and Applications, Non Convex Opti- mization and Its Applications, vol. 79. Springer, New York (2005)Google Scholar