Development of a Precipitation-Hardened Nichrome Powder Alloy and Technique for Fabricating a Prototype Metallic Thermal Protection Structure
- 9 Downloads
The laboratory technique for producing a precipitation-hardened Ni20Cr6Al–1Y2O3 powder alloy has been described and the rolling process for making sheets 0.5 to 0.05 mm thick has been developed to determine the functional characteristics and fabricate a thermal-barrier structure. Brazing has been employed to produce a prototype complex metallic thermal protection structure. It is shown that the brazing technique ensures the required joint efficiency of structural elements, which is not inferior to the base alloy.
Keywordsprecipitation-hardened nichrome powder alloy compaction sintering brazing honeycomb structures
- 1.V.V. Pasichnyi, V.Ya. Berezhetskaya, A.A. Goryachev, M.Ya. Gofin, and G.A. Frolov, “Investigation of the serviceability of the heat shield of the orbital aircraft “Buran” under the conditions of radiant heating on solar plants,” J. Eng. Phys. Thermophys., 74, No. 6, 1396–1398 (2001).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.M.Ya. Gofin, High-Temperature Oxidation-Resistant and Thermal-Barrier Structures of Reusable Space Vehicles [in Russian], Moscow (2003), p. 672.Google Scholar
- 3.Yu.V. Polezhaev and G.A. Frolov, Thermal Damage of Materials [in Russian], ed. Academician V.V. Skorokhod, Kyiv (2006), p. 354.Google Scholar
- 4.G.A. Frolov, V.P. Solntsev, S.M. Solonin, S.V. Buchakov, Yu.I. Evdokimenko, V.M. Kisel, A.M. Potapov, and V.G. Tikhii, “High-temperature tests of metallic thermal-barrier structures for rocket and space equipment,” Aviats. Kosm. Tekh. Tekhnol., No. 10/57, 62–65 (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.S.P. Murzin, E.L. Osetrov, and A.M. Nikiforov, “Pulsed laser welding of high-temperature creep-resistant and oxidation-resistant nickel-based alloys,” Izv. Samar. Nauts. Tsentr. RAN, 10, No. 3, 884–886 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.V.Yu. Kholodnyi and A.F. Salenko, “Use of laser jet processing for perforating honeycomb cores for aerospace sandwich panels,” Vost. Evrop. Zr. Peredov. Tekhnol., 5, No. 1, 19–30 (2016).Google Scholar
- 7.A.V. Zhydkov, Use of the ANSYS System for Solving Geometrical and Finite-Element Simulation Problems [in Russian], Nizhny Novgorod (2006), p. 115.Google Scholar
- 8.M.A. Matalytskii and G.A. Khatskevich, Probability Theory: Mathematical Statistics and Random Processes [in Russian], p. 721, URL: https: //www.litres.ru/g-a-hackevich/teoriya-veroyatnosteymatematicheskaya-statistika-i-sluchaynye-processy-19041287/.
- 9.R.A. Musin, Diffusion Welding of High-Temperature Creep-Resistant Alloys [in Russian], Moscow (1979), p. 189.Google Scholar