Interatomic donor–acceptor effect in f-elements and specification of their position in the periodic table
- 42 Downloads
The lanthanides and actinides are placed in the periodic table. It is shown that they can be located without changes in the structure and in the periodic system as a whole taking into account the interatomic donor-acceptor effects in f-elements. The proposed position agrees well with the physical and chemical concepts on which the system is based. It is shown that Am, Pu, and Np can be placed in groups III, IV, and V in accordance with their basic valence states and the capability to form compounds with a valence greater than the group valence. A short-form periodic table is provided in which f-elements are placed in the reverse order of periodicity.
Keywordsperiodic table f-elements lanthanides actinides
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. K. Grigorovich, The Periodic Law and Electron Structure of Metals [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966), p, 206Google Scholar
- 2.N. I. Shcherban’, “A short form of the periodic table,” Ukr. Khim. Zh., 42, No. 2, 124–128 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Godovikov, The Periodic Table and Strength Characteristics of Elements [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1981), p. 92.Google Scholar
- 4.D. N. Trifonov, Rare-Earth Elements and Their Place in the Periodic Table [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1960), p. 191.Google Scholar
- 5.Tables of Spectrum Lines [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977), p. 798.Google Scholar
- 6.B. F. Dzhurinskii, “Periodic properties of rare-earth elements,” Zh. Neorg. Khim., 25, No. 1, 79–86 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Haissinsky, Nuclear Chemistry and Its Applications, Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading (1964).Google Scholar
- 8.J. J. Katz and G. T. Seaborg, The Chemistry of the Actinide Elements, Chapman and Hall, New York (1986).Google Scholar
- 9.E. M. Savitskii and V. F. Terekhova, Physical Metallurgy of Rare-Earth Metals [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1975), p. 271.Google Scholar
- 10.E. I. Yarembash and A. A. Eliseev, Chalcogenides of Rare-Earth Elements [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1975), p. 246.Google Scholar