Effect of N-[Imino(1-Piperidinyl)Methyl]Guanidine on Free-Radical Processes and Antioxidant-Enzyme Activity in Kidneys of Rats with Experimental Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
The effect of the synthetic biguanide derivative N-[imino(1-piperidinyl)methyl]guanidine on free-radical processes, diene conjugate levels, and superoxide-dismutase and catalase activity in kidneys of rats with experimental type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM2) was studied. It was established that administration of this compound to rats with DM2 helped to normalize the studied parameters, which may have been due to its positive regulating effect on free-radical homeostasis.
Keywordstype 2 diabetes mellitus free-radical processes antioxidant enzymes biguanides
- 1.A. V. Sadym, A. A. Lagunin, D. A. Filimonov, et al., Khim.-farm. Zh., 36(10), 21 – 26 (2002); Pharm. Chem. J., 36(10), 538 – 543 (2002).Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Ul’yanov and Yu. A. Tarasov, Vopr. Med. Khim., 46(2), 149 – 154 (2000).Google Scholar
- 4.V. S. Buzlama, Methodical Guide to Studies of Lipid Peroxidation Processes and Antioxidant Protection Systems in Animals [in Russian], Izd. VSU, Voronezh (1997), p. 41.Google Scholar
- 5.I. D. Stal’naya, Modern Methods in Biochemistry [in Russian], Meditsina, Moscow (1977), p. 18.Google Scholar
- 6.T. I. Rakhmanova, L. V. Matasova, A. V. Semenikhina, et al., Assessment Methods for Oxidative Status: Methodical Guide for Higher Educational Institutions [in Russian], Izd. VSU, Voronezh (2009), pp. 35 – 37.Google Scholar
- 7.O. M. Smirnova, Sakh. Diabet, No. 3, 45 – 46 (2010).Google Scholar
- 8.M. I. Balabolkin, V. M. Kreminskaya, and E. M. Klebanova, Consilium Med., 3(11), 154 – 156 (2001).Google Scholar
- 9.M. R. Owen, E. Doran, and A. P. Halestrap, Biochem. J., No. 3, 607 – 614 (2000).Google Scholar
- 11.B. K. Tiwari, K. B. Pandey, A. B. Abidi, et al., J. Biomarkers, 2013, Article ID 378790; https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/378790 (2013).
- 12.E. B. Men?shikova, B. Z. Lankin, N. K. Zenkov, et al., Oxidative Stress. Prooxidants and Antioxidants [in Russian], Slovo, Moscow (2006), p. 553.Google Scholar