Synthesis, Protistocidal and Antibacterial Activities of 2′-Imidazolinylhydrazones of Mono- and Dicarboxylic Acids
- 90 Downloads
We report here the synthesis of a series of imidazolinylhydrazones of salicylaldehyde and their substituted 2-N-tosylaminobenzaldehyde, 2-diphenylphosphinobenzaldehyde, and diacetylmonooxime derivatives, as well as the bis-imidazolinylhydrazones of 2,6-diformyl-4-tert-butylphenol and 2,6-diacetylpyridine. The protistocidal and antibacterial activities of the compounds made here were studied, and some were found to have high levels of protistocidal activity.
Keywordsimidazolinylhydrazones synthesis protistocide antibacterial activity
This study was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (Grant No. 12-03-31691).
- 2.V. A. Kogan, S. I. Levchenkov, L. D. Popov, and I. N. Shcherbakov, Ros. Khim. Zh., 53(1), 86 – 93 (2009).Google Scholar
- 4.M. A. Iradyan, R. A. Aroyan, G. M. Stepanyan, et al., Khim.- Farm. Zh., 42(7), 10 – 11 (2008); Pharm. Chem. J., 42(7), 384 – 386 (2008).Google Scholar
- 8.S. I. Levchenkov, L. D. Popov, I. N. Shcherbakov, et al., Koordinats. Khimiya, 39(7), 393 – 399 (2013).Google Scholar
- 10.A. F. Klimenko, L. N. Fetisov, A. A. Zubenko, et al., Vet. Patol., No. 1 – 2, 35 – 40 (2011).Google Scholar
- 11.Methods in Experimental Chemotherapy [in Russian], G. N. Pershin (ed.), Meditsina, Moscow (1971), pp. 100 – 106.Google Scholar