Antitumor activity of polycyano-substituted carbo- and heterocycles prepared from 3-(2,2-dialkylhydrazino)-4-R-1,1,2,2-tetracyanocyclopentanes
- 35 Downloads
Anticancer activity tests have been carried out at the National Cancer Institute (USA) on a series of polycyano-substituted carbo- and heterocyclic compounds synthesized from 3-(2,2-dialkylhydrazino)-4-R-1,1,2,2-tetracyanocyclopentanes. It is established that 1,1,2,2-tetracyano-substituted derivatives are the most active, showing a high activity comparable with that of reference drugs with respect to colon, ovarian, prostate, and renal cancer. The antitumor effect of the investigated compounds is explained by the presence of dialkylhydrazino- and 1,1,2,2-tetracyanoethyl moieties in their structures.
KeywordsAntitumor Activity Letrozole Bicalutamide Dicarb Onitrile Linamarin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Plemenkov, Introduction to the Chemistry of Natural Compounds [in Russian], Kazan (2001), pp. 59–60.Google Scholar
- 4.S. C. MacTough, S. J. DeSolms, A. W. Shaw, et al., Bioorg. Med. Chem., 9, 1257–1260 (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.N. Zhang, B. Wu, D. Powell, et al., Bioorg. Med. Chem., 8, 2825–2828 (2000).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Stockley, W. Clegg, G. Fontana, et al., Bioorg. Med. Chem., 9, 2837–2841 (2001).Google Scholar
- 9.M. D. Mashkovskii, Drugs [in Russian], RIA Novaya Volna, Moscow (2007), pp. 981, 989, 990, 1013, 1014.Google Scholar
- 12.O. E. Nasakin, A. N. Lyshchikov, Ya. S. Kayukov, and V. P. Sheverdov, Khim.-farm. Zh., 34(4), 11–23 (2000).Google Scholar
- 13.V. P. Sheverdov, V. V. Bulkin, O. V. Ershov, et al., Zh. Obshch. Khim., 72, 972–974 (2002).Google Scholar
- 14.V. P. Sheverdov, V. V. Bulkin, O. E. Nasakin, and V. A. Tafeenko, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 74, 91–93 (2004).Google Scholar
- 15.A. B. Zolotoi, V. P. Sheverdov, P. M. Lukin, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2867 (1989).Google Scholar