Nonlinear nanophotonic and nanoplasmonic directional couplers: comparison of modelling methods
- 266 Downloads
Two different in-house software tools for numerical modelling of structures with a very high refractive index contrast and a strong χ (3) nonlinearity are briefly presented. Results of their application for modelling nonlinear nanophotonic and nanoplasmonic directional couplers based on slot waveguide geometry are successfully mutually compared and assessed.
KeywordsNonlinear optics Integrated optics Nanophotonics Plasmonics All-optical switching Numerical modelling Optical waveguides Coupled-mode theory Kerr-nonlinearity Beam propagation method Slot waveguides
J.P. acknowledges support of the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports of the Czech Republic (Project LD14008) and CEITEC–Central European Institute of Technology (Project CZ.1.05/1.1.00/02.0068), in the framework of European Regional Development Fund.
- Čtyroký, J., Kwiecien, P., Richter, I.: Analysis of hybrid dielectric-plasmonic slot waveguide structures with 3D Fourier modal methods. J. Eur. Opt. Soc. 8, 13024-1–13024-6 (2013)Google Scholar
- Davoyan, A.R., Shadrivov, I.V., Kivshar, Y.S.: Nonlinear plasmonic slot waveguides: erratum. Opt. Express 17, 4833 (2009)Google Scholar
- Li, Z.Y., Ho, K.M.: Application of structural symmetries in the plane-wave-based transfer-matrix method for three-dimensional photonic crystal waveguides. Phys. Rev. B 68, 245117 (2003)Google Scholar
- Lin, Q., Zhang, J., Piredda, G., Boyd, R.W., Fauchet, P.M., Agrawal, G.P.: Dispersion of silicon nonlinearities in the near infrared region. Appl. Phys. Lett. 91, 21111 (2007)Google Scholar
- Salgueiro, J.R., Kivshar, Y.S.: Complex modes in plasmonic nonlinear slot waveguides. J. Opt. 16, 114007 (2014)Google Scholar
- Walasik, W., Renversez, G., Kartashov, Y.V.: Stationary plasmon-soliton waves in metal-dielectric nonlinear planar structures: modeling and properties. Phys. Rev. A 89, 23816 (2014)Google Scholar