Synchronization of chaotic-type delayed neural networks and its application
Our proposed image encryption is based on synchronization of chaotic fuzzy cellular neural networks (FCNNs) with different time delays and uses sampled-data controller. (i) It is known that the chaotic system plays a vital role in secure communication. (ii) FCNNs are more suitable for image processing due to its local connectedness. (iii) There are some results derived on theory part for the problem of synchronization of chaotic delayed FCNNs. (iv) We raise the following question: Is it possible to utilize these obtained chaotic values via FCNNs to image encryption? (v) Finally, we tried the above and succeed. Moreover, numerical instance and comparison results show that the proposed scheme works well and is resistant to differential attack.
KeywordsChaos Encryption Fuzzy cellular neural networks Leakage delay Linear matrix inequality Sampled-data controller
This effort was assisted by the Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS) from MoHE under Grant No. FP051-2016. Dr. M. Kalpana is working as a Post-doctoral Research Fellow at the University of Malaya.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.
- 2.Feng, G.: Principle and Network Security Technology. Science Press, Beijing (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Yu, L., Wang, Z., Wang, W.: The application of hybrid encryption algorithm in software security. In: 4th IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks, pp. 762-765 (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Özkaynak, F.: Brief review on application of nonlinear dynamics in image encryption. Nonlinear Dyn. 1–9 (2018)Google Scholar
- 16.Yang, T., Yang, L.B., Wu, C.W., Chua, L.O.: Fuzzy cellular neural networks: theory. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Cellular Neural Networks and Applications, pp. 181–186 (1996)Google Scholar
- 17.Yang, T., Yang, L.B., Wu, C.W., Chua, L.O.: Fuzzy cellular neural networks: applications. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Cellular Neural Networks and Applications, pp. 225–230 (1996)Google Scholar
- 28.Lu, J., Hill, D.J.: Global asymptotical synchronization of chaotic Lur’e systems using sampled data: a linear matrix inequality approach. IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II(55), 586–590 (2008)Google Scholar
- 38.Gu, K.: An integral inequality in the stability problem of time-delay systems. In: Proceedings of the 39th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control Sydney, Australia, pp. 2805-2810 (2000)Google Scholar