Internal resonance vibration induced by nonlinearity of primary suspension system in high-speed vehicle system
- 180 Downloads
This paper studies the phenomenon of internal resonance in high-speed vehicle system under high frequency periodic excitations. A numerical model of the vehicle system, taking into consideration the dynamic effects of the primary suspension system and the flexibility of the car-body, is established for the study. An approximate approach incorporating the incremental harmonic balance method with frequency response function is adopted to solve the dynamic responses of the vehicle system in frequency domain. Numerical results show that internal resonance vibration in the vehicle system may occur with certain combinations of design parameters of the vehicle system. The vibration of the car-body and the primary suspension system are significantly amplified with energy transmitted between the natural modes of the car-body and the primary suspension system. Parametric studies on the internal resonance are further explored. Results show that the nonlinearity of the primary suspension spring and the modal damping ratio of the vehicle system play very important roles to the occurrence of internal resonance.
KeywordsHigh-speed vehicle Incremental harmonic balance method Nonlinear steady-state solution Internal resonance
This work was supported by a grant from the Major State Basic Research Development Program of China (973 Program, No. 2011CB711100) and a grant from the National Key Research and Development Plan of China (No. 2016YFC0701302).
- 2.Carlbom, P.F.: Carbody and passengers in rail vehicle dynamics. Ph.D. Thesis, KTH (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Xue, H., Li, Y.C., Liu, W.X.: The test method research of the coil spring of locomotive and rolling stock. J. Lanzhou Jiaotong Univ. 4, 030 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Liu, L., Zhang, W.H.: Frequency variety analysis and equivalent algorithm of metal spring stiffness. J. Traffic Transp. Eng. 7(5), 24–27 (2007). in ChineseGoogle Scholar
- 12.Liu, L., Zhang, W.H.: Study on dynamic characteristics of metal helical spring. Sci. Pap. Online 2(9), 674–684 (2007). in ChineseGoogle Scholar
- 20.Thomson, W.: Theory of Vibration with Applications. CRC Press, Boca Raton (1996)Google Scholar
- 21.Liu, Y.B., Zhang, Y.Y.: Coherence analysis on the vehicle vibration response and track irregularities. In: Proceedings of the twenty second national conference on structural engineering, Part I. (2013) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 22.Zhang, S.G., Kang, X., Liu, X.: Characteristic analysis of the power spectral density (PSD) of track irregularity on beijing-tianjin inter-city railway. China Railway. Science 29(5), 25–30 (2008)Google Scholar
- 23.Zhang, Y.H., Liu, H.H., Wang, D.C.: Manual of Spring. China Machine Press, Beijing (1997). in ChineseGoogle Scholar