Vector multipole and vortex solitons in two-dimensional Kerr media
We investigate a (2+1)-dimensional coupled nonlinear Schrödinger equation with spatially modulated nonlinearity and transverse modulation, and derive analytical vector multipole and vortex soliton solution. When the modulation depth q is chosen as 0 and 1, vector multipole and vortex solitons are constructed, respectively. The number of azimuthal lobes (“petals”) for the multipole solitons is determined by the value of 2m with the topological charge m, and the number of layers in the multipole solitons is determined by the value of the soliton order number n.
KeywordsVector multipole soliton Vector vortex soliton (2+1)-dimensional coupled nonlinear schrödinger equation Kerr nonlinear media
This work was supported by the Zhejiang Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. LY17F050011, LY16A040014 and LQ16A040003), and National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 11375007, 11574272 and 11574271). Dr. Chao-Qing Dai is also sponsored by the Foundation of New Century “151 Talent Engineering” of Zhejiang Province of China and Youth Top-notch Talent Development and Training Program of Zhejiang A&F University.
- 7.Kivshar, Y.S., Agrawal, G.P.: Optical Solitons: From Fibers to Photonic Crystals. Academic, San Diego (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, B., Zhang, X.L., Dai., C.Q.: Discussions on localized structures based on equivalent solution with different forms of breaking soliton model. Nonlinear Dyn. (2016). doi: 10.1007/s11071-016-3197-z
- 10.Dai, C.Q., Liu, J., Fan, Y., Yu, D.G.: Two-dimensional localized Peregrine solution and breather excited in a variable-coefficient nonlinear Schrödinger equation with partial nonlocality. Nonlinear Dyn. (2017). doi: 10.1007/s11071-016-3316-x
- 21.Agrawal, G.P.: Nonlinear Fiber Opt. Academic, New York (1995)Google Scholar
- 29.Abramowitz, M., Stegun, I.A.: Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables. Dover, New York (1972)Google Scholar
- 30.Tian, Q., Wu, L., Zhang, Y.H., Zhang, J.F.: Vortex solitons in defocusing media with spatially inhomogeneous nonlinearity. Phys. Rev. E 85, 056603 (2012)Google Scholar