Statistical analysis of large accidents in China’s coal mines in 2016
- 5 Downloads
Mining is a high-risk industry, and mine accidents occur frequently. To better understand the characteristics and trends of current coal mine accidents, 29 cases of significant accidents occurred in China in 2016 are introduced first in this manuscript; then, the accident types, occurrence time, occurrence locations, and direct causes were analyzed for these accidents. Finally, according to the analysis results, coal mine accident prevention and control suggestions are presented. This data analysis not only plays a positive role in the prevention and control of mine accidents in China but also has reference significance for the safe production of coal mines in other countries of the world.
KeywordsMine accidents Data analysis Prevention and control Safe production
This work is supported by the State Key Laboratory of open funds (No. SKLGDUEK1520) and the Shandong Province Natural Science Foundation (No. ZR2016EEB23).
- State Administration of Coal Mine Safety (SACMS) (2009) Notice about seeking opinions to the “implementing measures of coal mine enterprise safe production license”. http://www.chinasafety.gov.cn. Accessed 4 June 2009
- State Administration of Coal Mine Safety (SACMS) (2010) Main points of coal mine safety work. http://www.chinasafety.gov.cn. Accessed 13 March 2010
- State Administration of Coal Mine Safety (SACMS) (2017) Year 2016 national coal mine accident analysis report. http://www.chinasafety.gov.cn. Accessed 17 Jan 2017
- State Administration of Work Safety (SAWS) (2016) Coal mine safety regulations. http://www.chinasafety.gov.cn. Accessed 26 March 2016
- State Administration of Work Safety (SAWS) (2017) Law of the People’s Republic of China on mine safety. http://www.chinasafety.gov.cn. Accessed 21 March 2017
- Sun J, Qian X (2016) Analysis of coal mine accidents in China during 2004–2015. Ind Mine Autom 42(11):1–5Google Scholar
- The National People’s Congress of the People’s Republic of China (TNPCPRC) (2011) Law of the People’s Republic of China on coal. http://www.npc.gov.cn. Accessed 12 Oct 2011