A. S. Edwarts, “Body sway and vision,” J. Exp. Psychol., 36, No. 4, 526-535 (1946).
2. A. Nardone, M. Galante, B. Lucas, and M. Schieppati, “Stance control is not affected by paresis and reflex hyperexcitability: the case of spastic patients,” J. Neurol. Neurosurg., Psychiat., 70, No. 5, 635-643 (2001).
3. B. N. Smetanin, K. E. Popov, and G. V. Kozhina, “Dependence of joint stiffness on the conditions of visual control in upright undisturbed stance in humans,” Neurophysiology,
38, No. 2, 157-163 (2006).
A. Mirka and F. O. Black, “Clinical application of dynamic posturography for evaluating sensory integration and vestibular dysfunction,” in: Dizziness and Balance Disorders, K. Arenberg (ed.), Kugler Publ., Amsterdam, New York (1993), pp. 381-388.
5. M. Guerraz, L. Yardley, P. Bertholon, et al., “Visual vertigo: symptom assessment, spatial orientation and postural control,” Brain, 124, No. 8, 1646-1656 (2001).
6. U. Oppenheim, R. Kohen-Raz, D. Alex, et al., “Postural characteristics of diabetic neuropathy,” Diabetes Care, 22, No. 2, 328-332 (1999).
7. K. H. Mauritz, J. Dichgans, and A. Hufschmidt, “Quantitative analysis of stance in late cortical cerebellar atrophy of the anterior lobe and other forms of cerebellar ataxia,” Brain, 102, No. 3, 461-482 (1979).
D. N. Lee and J. R. Lishman, “Visual proprioceptive control of stance,” J. Hum. Mov. Stud., 1, No. 1, 87-95 (1974).
J. Soechting and A. Berthoz, “Dynamic role of vision in the control o f posture in man,” Exp. Brain Res.,
36, No. 3, 551-561 (1979).
A. Berthoz, M. Lacour, J. F. Soechting, and P. P. Vidal, “The role of vision in the control of posture during linear motion,” Prog. Brain Res., 50, No. 1, 197-209 (1979).
T. M. H. Dijkstra, G. Schöner, and C. C. A. M. Gielen, “Temporal stability of the action-perception cycle for postural control in a moving visual environment,” Exp. Brain Res.
, 97, No. 6, 477-486 (1994).
T. M. H. Dijkstra, G. Schöner, M. A. Giese, and C. C. A. M. Gielen, “Frequency dependence of the action-perception cycle for postural control in a moving visual environment: relative phase dynamics,” Biol. Cybern., 71, No. 6, 489-501 (1994).
13. K. Dokka, R. V. Kenyon, and E. A. Keshner, “Influence of visual scene velocity on segmental kinematics during stance,” Gait Posture,
30, No. 2, 211-221 (2009).
V. S. Gurfinkel, Ya. M. Kots, and M. L. Shik, Postural Control in Humans, Nauka, Moscow (1965).
J. J. Collins and C. J. De Luca, “The effects of visual input on open-loop and closed-loop postural control mechanisms,” Exp. Brain Res., 103, No. 1, 151-163 (1995).
B. N. Smetanin, K. E. Popov, and G. V. Kozhina, “Postural reactions to vibratory stimulation of calf muscles under condition of visual inversion in human,” Fiziol. Chelov., 28, No. 5, 53-58 (2002).
R. Fitzpatrick, D. Burke, and S. C. Gandevia, “Taskdependent reflex responses and movement illusions evoked by galvanic vestibular stimulation in standing humans,” J. Physiol., 478, No. 2, 363-372 (1994).
G. A. Horstmann and V. Dietz, “A basic posture control mechanism: the stabilization of the centre of gravity,” Electroencephalogr. Clin. Neurophysiol., 76, No. 2, 165-176 (1990).
P. Rougier, “Compatibility of postural behavior induced by two aspects of visual feedback: time delay and scale display,” Exp. Brain Res., 165, No. 2, 193-202 (2005).
D. A. Winter, A. E. Patla, F. Prince, et al., “Stiffness control of balance in quiet standing,” J. Neurophysiol., 80, No. 3, 1211-1221 (1998).
N. Vuillerme and G. Nafati, “How attentional focus on body sway affects postural control during quiet standing,” Psychol. Res., 71, No. 2, 192-200 (2007).
S. V. Klimenko, I. N. Nikitin, and L. D. Nikitina, Avango: A system for the Development of Visual Environments, Inst. Phys. Tech. Inform., Moscow, Protvino (2006).
B. N. Smetanin, G. V. Kozhina, and A. K. Popov, “Human upright posture control in a virtual visual environment,” Fiziol. Chelov., 35, No. 2, 54-59 (2009).
G. Burdea and P. Coiffet, Virtual Reality Technology, John Wiley & Sons, New York (1994).
K. E. Popov, G. V. Kozhina, B. N. Smetanin, and V. Y. Shlikov, “Postural responses to combined vestibular and hip proprioceptive stimulation in man,” Eur. J. Neurosci., 11, No. 9, 3307-3311 (1999).
26. B. N. Smetanin, G. V. Kozhina, and A. K. Popov, “Maintenance of the upright posture in humans upon manipulating the direction and delay of visual feedback,” Neurophysiology, 44, No. 5, 401-408 (2012).
Y. Brenière, “Why we walk the way we do” J. Mot. Behav., 28, No. 2, 291-298 (1996).
O. Caron, B. Faure, and Y. Brenière, “Estimating the center of gravity of the body on the basis of the center of pressure in standing posture,” J. Biomech.,
30, 1169-1171 (1997).
P. Rougier and I. Farenc, “Adaptative effects of loss of vision on upright undisturbed stance,” Brain Res., 871, No. 2, 165-174 (2000).
P. Rougier and O. Caron, “Centre of gravity motions and ankle joint stiffness control in upright undisturbed stance modeled through fractional Brownian motion framework,” J. Mot. Behav., 32, No. 4, 405-413 (2000).