Electrospinning preparation of one-dimensional Ce3+-doped Li4Ti5O12 sub-microbelts for high-performance lithium-ion batteries
- 330 Downloads
One-dimensional Ce3+-doped Li4Ti5O12 (Li4Ti5−x Ce x O12, x = 0, 0.01, 0.02, and 0.05) sub-microbelts with the width of approximately 500 nm and thickness of about 200 nm have been synthesized via the facile electrospinning method. The structure and morphology of the as-prepared samples are characterized by XRD, TEM, SEM, BET, HRTEM, XPS, and AFM. Importantly, one-dimensional Li4Ti5O12 sub-microbelts can be well preserved with the introduction of Ce3+ ions, while CeO2 impurity is obtained when x is greater than or equal to 0.02. The comparative experiments prove that Ce3+-doped Li4Ti5O12 electrodes exhibit the brilliant electrochemical performance than undoped counterpart. Particularly, the reversible capacity of Li4Ti4.98Ce0.02O12 electrode reaches up to 139.9 mAh g−1 and still maintains at 132.6 mAh g−1 even after 100 cycles under the current rate of 4 C. The superior lithium storage properties of Li4Ti4.98Ce0.02O12 electrode could be attributed to their intrinsic structure advantage as well as enhanced overall conductivity.
KeywordsLi4Ti5O12 Electrospinning Ce3+-doped Sub-microbelts Lithium-ion batteries Energy storage
This work was supported by Shandong Provincial Natural Science Foundation (Grant No. ZR2016BM22, ZR2016EMB23) and Science and Technology Development Plan Project of Shandong Province (2014GGX102039).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Cai YJ, Huang YD, Wei J, Wang XC, Guo Y, Jia DZ, Sun ZP, Pang WK, Guo ZP (2016a) Super high-rate, long cycle life of europium modified carbon coated hierarchical mesoporous lithium titanate anode materials for lithium ion batteries. J Mater Chem A 4(25):9949–9957. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6TA03162E CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Cai YJ, Huang YD, Jia W, Zhang Y, Wang XC, Guo Y, Jia DZ, Pang WK, Guo ZP, Wang LS (2016b) Two-dimension dysprosium-modified bamboo-slip like lithium titanate with high-rate capability, long cycle life for lithium-ion batteries. J Mater Chem A 4(45):17782–17790. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6TA06956H CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kim JG, Park MS, Hwang SM, Heo YU, Liao T, Sun Z, Park JH, Kim KJ, Jeong G, Kim YJ (2014) Back cover: Zr4+ doping in Li4Ti5O12 anode for lithium-ion batteries: open Li+ diffusion paths through structural imperfection. ChemSusChem 7(5):1490–1457. https://doi.org/10.1002/cssc.201301393 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Le Y, Wu HB, Lou XW (2013) Mesoporous Li4Ti5O12 hollow spheres with enhanced lithium storage capability. Adv Mater 25:2296–2300. http://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201204912
- Wang SL, Zhang ZX, De Aniruddha, Yang Li, Hirano S (2014) Synthesis, characterization, and electrochemical performance of Ce-doped ordered macroporous Li3V2(PO4)3/C cathode materials for lithium ion batteries. Ind Eng Chem Res 53(50):19525–19532. http://doi.org/10.1021/ie502917b
- Yang XJ, Huang YD, Wang XC, Jia DZ, Pang WK, Guo ZP, Tang XC (2014) High rate capability coreeshell lithium titanate@ceria nanosphere anode material synthesized by one-pot co-precipitation for lithium-ion batteries. J Power Sources 257:280–285. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2014.02.005 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Zhang P, Huang YD, Jia W, Cai YJ, Wang XC, Guo Y, Jia DZ, Sun ZP, Wang RY, Tang XC, Wang LS (2016b) High rate capability of lithium chromium titanium oxide hierarchical mesoporous microspheres anode materials synthesized by a one-pot co-precipitation for lithium ion batteries. J Electrochem Soc 163(9):A1920–A1926. https://doi.org/10.1149/2.0581609jes CrossRefGoogle Scholar