Improving adaptive cluster head selection of teen protocol using fuzzy logic for WMSN
- 264 Downloads
In this paper, we proposed the clustering algorithm using fuzzy inference system for improving adaptability the cluster head selection of TEEN for the wireless multimedia sensor network. The stochastic selection method cannot guarantee available of cluster head. Furthermore, as the formation of clusters is not optimized, the network lifetime is impeded. To improve this problem, we propose the algorithm that gathers attributes of sensor node to evaluate probability to be cluster head.
KeywordsWMSN (Wireless Multimedia Sensor Network) BSN (Body Sensor Network) TEEN Fuzzy logic Energy efficiency Hierarchical Routing Protocol
This work reported in this paper was conducted during the sabbatical year of kwangwoon university in 2015.
- 1.Baral SR, Song YI, Jung KD, Lee JY (2015) The energy efficient for wireless sensor network using the base station location. In: Proceedings of international journal of internet, broadcasting and communicationGoogle Scholar
- 2.Gupta I, Riordan D, Sampalli S (2005) Cluster-head election using fuzzy logic for wireless sensor networks. In: Proceedings of 3rd annual. Communication networks and services research conference, pp. 255–260Google Scholar
- 3.Heinzelman WB, Chandrakasan A, Balakrishnan H (2000) Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks. In: Proceedings of the 33rd Hawaii international conference on system scienceGoogle Scholar
- 4.Kim YM, Lee C, Jung KD, Lee JY, Abdullah AH (2014) The routing technology of wireless sensor networks using the stochastic cluster head selection method. In: Proceedings of the institute of internet, broadcasting and communicationGoogle Scholar
- 6.Mahfuz S, Yesmin F (2014) An approach to wireless nano sensing network routing protocol based on energy and lifetime. Int J Sci Technol Res 3:127–130Google Scholar
- 7.Manjeshwar A, Agrawal DP (2001) TEEN: A routing protocol for enhances efficiency in wireless sensor networks. In: Proceedings of 1st international workshop on parallel and distributed computing issues in wireless networks and mobile computingGoogle Scholar
- 8.Mostafa B, Saad C, Abderrahmane H (2014) Fuzzy Logic Approach to Improving Stable Election Protocol for Clustered Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks. Int J Comput Sci Network Secur 14:112–116Google Scholar
- 9.Otto C, Milenkovic A, Sanders C, Jovanov E (2006) System Architecture of a Wireless Body Area Sensor Network for Ubiquitous Health Monitoring. J Mob Multimed 1:307–326Google Scholar
- 11.Song YI, Jung KD, Lee JY, Lee SR (2015) FL-TEEN: Improved adaptive routing protocol using fuzzy logic in cluster head selection. Contents, platform, network and device & culture convergence, AACL 05, 2015, pp 219–221Google Scholar
- 12.Torghabeh NA, Totonchi MRA, Moghaddam MHY (2010) Cluster head selection using a two-level fuzzy logic in wireless sensor networks. In: proceedings of the 2nd international conference on computer engineering and technology, Vol. 2, pp. 357–361Google Scholar