High capacity data hiding based on interpolated image
We investigate the use of parabolic interpolation in data hiding and propose a novel data hiding algorithm with high capacity based on interpolated image. Specifically, the proposed algorithm creates an interpolated image from input image by parabolic interpolation, and embeds secret bits into interpolated pixels in terms of the relation between the interpolated value and the mean value. Ten standard benchmark images are taken as test images for validating efficiency of our algorithm. The results illustrate that our algorithm has better performances than some popular data hiding methods in embedding capacity and visual quality with respect to PSNR and SSIM.
KeywordsInterpolated image Data hiding Parabolic interpolation Embedding capacity
This work was partially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61562007, 61363034, 61300109), the Guangxi Natural Science Foundation (2015GXNSFDA139040), the Guangxi “Bagui Scholar” Teams for Innovation and Research, the Project of the Guangxi Key Lab of Multi-source Information Mining & Security (13-A-03-01, 14-A-02-02, 15-A-02-02), the Project of the Guangxi Experiment Center of Information Science (20130204), the Guangxi Key Laboratory of Trusted Software (kx201327), the Scientific and Technological Research Projects of Guangxi Education Administration (YB2014048), the Guangxi Higher School Key Lab of Cloud Computing and Complex System (15202), and the Guangxi Collaborative Innovation Center of Multi-source Information Integration and Intelligent Processing. The authors would like to express sincere thanks for the anonymous reviewers’ insightful comments and valuable suggestions.
- 3.Chang CC, Tai WL, Chen KN (2008) Lossless data hiding based on histogram modification for image authentication. IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC’08), 1: 506–511Google Scholar
- 6.Fridrich J, Goljan M, Du R (2002) Lossless data embedding for all image formats. Electronic Imaging 2002. International Society for Optics and Photonics, pp 572–583Google Scholar
- 9.Image Databases. [Online] Available: http://www.imageprocessingplace.com/root_files_V3/image_databases.htm
- 19.The SSIM Index for Image Quality Assessment. [Online] Available: http://www.cns.nyu.edu/~lcv/ssim/
- 22.USC-SIPI Image Database. [Online] Available: http://sipi.usc.edu/database/
- 25.Wang WJ, Zhang YH, Huang CT, Wang SJ (2013) Steganography of data embedding in multimedia images using interpolation and histogram shiftin., 2013 Ninth International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, pp 387–390Google Scholar