A new algorithm of image compression and encryption based on spatiotemporal cross chaotic system
- 345 Downloads
This paper proposes a new image compression and encryption scheme based on the nearest-neighboring coupled-map lattices (NCML) and Non-uniform Discrete Cosine Transform (NDCT). A new cross chaotic map proposed based on Devaney’s theory is used as the local map of NCML, which is called spatiotemporal cross chaotic system. The algorithm adopts Huffman coding and NDCT which carries out transformation of image data to compress image data. In this system, there are two layers of encryption protection. The compression data are packed into blocks, and permutation between blocks and diffusion in blocks are done simultaneously. The parameters produced by spatiotemporal cross chaotic system are used to control the non-uniformity of the NDCT, which has also played a role in encryption. The security test results indicate the proposed methods have high speed, high security and good compression effect.
KeywordsImage compression and encryption Non-uniform Discrete Cosine Transform (NDCT) Nearest-neighboring coupled-map lattices (NCML) Permutation and diffusion simultaneously
This research is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No.60973162), the Science and Technology of Shandong Province of China (No.2013GGX10129, No.2010GGX10132, No.2012GGX10110), the Soft Science of Shandong Province of China (No. 2012RKA10009) and the National Cryptology Development Foundation of China (No.MMJJ201301006), the Teaching Research Project of Harbin Institute of Technology at Weihai and college of computer (NO. HITWHCS201309), and the Engineering Technology and Research Center of Weihai Information Security.
- 4.Curtis KM, Neil G, Fotopoulos V (2002) A hybrid fractal DCT image compression method. 14th Int Conf Digit Signal Proc 2:1337–1340Google Scholar
- 5.Dai CL, Bao WY (2012) Logistic map controlled secure arithmetic coding and its application in image encryption. J Chongqing Univ 35(8):87–91Google Scholar
- 8.Ge X, Liu FL, Lu B, Wang W, Chen J (2010) An image encryption algorithm based on spatiotemporal chaos in DCT domain, The 2nd IEEE International Conference on Information Management and Engineering 267–270Google Scholar
- 10.Han FY, Zhu CX (2007) One kid based on double dimensional chaos system picture encryption algorithm. Comput Eng Appl 43:50–51Google Scholar
- 18.Krikor L, Baba S, Arif T, Shaaban Z (2009) Image encryption using DCT and stream cipher. Eur J Sci Res 32(1):47–57Google Scholar
- 21.Lu K, Sun JH, OuYang RB, Huan YL (1990) Chaotic dynamics. Shanghai Translation Press, ShanghaiGoogle Scholar
- 23.NIST (2001) A statistical test suite for random and pseudorandom number generators for cryptographic applications, Special Publication 800–22Google Scholar
- 29.Tang JN, Zhang XD, Zhao L, Zou C (2010) A novel arithmetic coding on data compression and encryption with asymptotic deterministic randomness, 2010 International Conference on Computer Application and System Modeling 2-10-2-14Google Scholar
- 40.Yang HQ, Liao XF, Wong K-W, Zhang W, Wei PC (2012) SPIHT-based joint image compression and encryption. Acta Phys Sin 61(4):040505-1–040505-8Google Scholar