Measurement of the Spectrum of Phase Noise of Harmonic Ultrahigh-Frequency Signals by the Cross-Spectrum Method
- 19 Downloads
We consider various methods of measurements of the spectra of amplitude and phase noises of harmonic microwave signals and choose the most sensitive method of synchronous demodulation with two independent channels and the determination of the cross-spectrum. The results of measurements of the spectra performed by using a model of two-channel low-frequency analyzer, as well as the results of measurements of the spectra of phase noises of ultrahigh-frequency sources of various intensities, are presented and compared with the data of reference measurements.
Keywordsphase noise spectrum analyzer phase-locked loop cross-spectrum
- 1.B. Sklyar, Digital Communication. Theoretical Foundations and Practical Application, Vil’yams, Moscow (2003).Google Scholar
- 2.S. I. Baskakov, Radiotechnical Circuits and Signals, Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.B. R. Levin, Theoretical Foundations of Statistical Radiotechnics, Radio i Svyaz, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Rubiola and F. Vernotte, The Cross-Spectrum Experimental Method, Besancon, France (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.ADC32J42 Two-Channel Analog-to-Digital Converter, www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/adc32j42.pdf, acc. 09.17.2016.
- 6.ADA4897-1 Amplifier of Output Signals with Low Energy Consumption, www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/datasheets/ADA4896-2_4897-1_4897-2.PDF, acc. 09.17.2016.
- 7.Synthesizers of Frequencies of the PLG Series, www.micran.ru/sites/micran_ru/data/UserFile/File/KIA/PLG12_Datasheet_rus_1%2008_WEB.pdf, acc. 09.25.2016.
- 8.A. V. Lirnik, “Construction of a low-cost one-frequency synthesizer with low level of phase noise,” in: Electronic Means and Control Systems, Tomsk State Univ., Tomsk (2014), Part 2, pp. 190–195.Google Scholar