Results of Measuring the Avogadro and Planck Constants for a Redefinition of the Kilogram and Mole
- 105 Downloads
Work on the redefinition of the kilogram and mole underway in many countries with experiments employing watt balances is analyzed. It is found that at present the reasons for the discrepancies in measurements of the Avogadro and Planck constants by different methods are not clear and that the required measurement accuracy has not been attained. Thus, studies with watt balances and crystalline silicon spheres must be continued in the framework of new projects.
KeywordsAvogadro and Planck constants units of the amounts of matter and mass watt balance
- 2.S. A. Kononogov and V. N. Melnikov, "The fundamental physical constants, the gravitational constant, and the SEE space experiment project," Izmer. Tekhn., No. 6, 3–9 (2005); Measur. Techn., 48, No. 6, 521–536 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.S. A. Kononogov, Metrology and the Fundamental Physical Constants [in Russian], Standartinform, Moscow (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.Recommendation G1, CCM (2010), www.bipm.org, accessed Oct. 15, 2013.
- 6.P. J. Mohr, B. N. Taylor, and D. B. Newell, "CODATA recommended values of the fundamental physical constants: 2010," ArXiv, 1203.5425.Google Scholar
- 7.L. K. Isaev, S. A. Kononogov, and V. V. Khruschov, "On the redefinition of the four base SI units," Izmer. Tekhn., No. 2, 3–8 (2013); Measur. Techn., 56, No. 2, 113–120 (2013).Google Scholar
- 13.V. D. Ivashchuk, S. A. Kononogov, and V. N. Melnikov, "An analysis of the results of measurements of the fine structure constant and their effect on the new definitions of the SI units," Izmer. Tekhn., No. 8, 25–29 (2011); Measur. Techn., 54, No. 8, 887–892 (2011).Google Scholar
- 14.Publishable JRP Summary Report for JRP SIB03, Oct. 2012, www.inrim.it/luc/know/htm_tx/docum.htm, accessed Oct. 15, 2013.
- 23.C. P. Sasso, E. Massa, and G. Mana, "The distribution of the electric current in a watt-balance coil," ArXiv, 1307.4040.Google Scholar