Study of the Structure and Properties of Materials Based on Titanium Alloys Prepared by Direct Laser Deposition
The possibility is studied of preparing polymetal specimens of Ti and Ti–6Al–4V by direct laser deposition. The microstructure of deposited specimen zones given heat treatment shows a transition zone from (α+β) phase from the side of Ti–6Al–4V alloy to α-phase from the Ti side. No cracks are observed within the structure. With a change-over from Ti–6Al–4V to Ti microhardness varies from 380 to 200 HV.
Keywordstitanium alloys additive technology direct laser deposition microstructure
This work was carried out with support of the Ministry of Education and Science within the framework of Agreement No. 14.581.21.0017 of 11.02.2015, unique number RFMEFI58115X0017.
- 1.S. M. Thompson, L. Bian, N. Shamsaei, and A. Yadollahi, “An overview of direct laser deposition for additive manufacturing. P. I: Transport phenomena, modeling and diagnostics,” Addit. Manufact., No. 8, 36–62 (2015).Google Scholar
- 2.E. Toyserkani, A. Khajepour, and S. Corbin, Laser Cladding, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fl. (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.Chunlei Qiu, G. A. Ravi, Ch. Dance, et al., “Fabrication of large Ti–6Al–4V structures by direct laser deposition,” J. Alloys and Comp., No. 629, 351–361 (2015).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Choia and Y. Chang, “Characteristics of laser aided direct metal/material deposition process for tool steel,” Int. J. Mach. Tools & Manuf., No. 45, 597–607 (2005).Google Scholar
- 7.X. Zhao, S. Li, M. Zhang, et al., “Comparison of the microstructures and mechanical properties of Ti–6Al–4V fabricated by selective laser melting and electron beam melting,” Materials and Design, No. 95, 21–31 (2016).Google Scholar
- 10.C. Qiu, G. A. Ravi, and M. M. Attallah, “Microstructural control during direct laser deposition of a β-titanium alloy,” Materials and Design, No. 81, 21–30 (2015).Google Scholar
- 12.G. A. Turichin, O. G. Klimova, E. V. Zemlyakov, et al., “Technological aspect of high speed direct laser deposition based on heterophase powder metallurgy,” Phys. Procedia, No. 78, 397–406 (2015).Google Scholar