Development of Layered Growth Technology for a Workpiece of Highly Alloyed Steel by Plasma Surfacing
- 19 Downloads
Development of a technology is presented for preparing a workpiece of highly alloyed steel by plasma surfacing. Production possibilities for preparing a workpiece with layered synthesis during plasmatron operation with currents of forward and reverse polarity are studied. The possibility is demonstrated of growing a flange workpiece of highly alloyed steel 10Kh18N10T. A study of the workpiece microstructure shows that a multilayered surfaced workpiece has a very fine structure without defects. Good surfacing quality is confirmed by studying mechanical properties.
Keywordslayered synthesis plasmatron current polarity plasma surfacing mechanical properties impact strength
This work was carried out with financial support from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation under the basic part of a State Assignment (Project No. 9.9697.2017/8.9).
- 1.A. G. Grigor’yants (ed.), I. N. Shiganov, and A. I. Misyurov, Laser Treatment Production Processes, Izd. MGTU im. Baumana, Moscow (2006).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Vasil’ev and Yu. M. Tarnopol’skii (eds.), Composite Materials: Handbook, Mashinostronie, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.Additive Manufacturing: Opportunities and Constraints, Royal Academy of Engineering, May 23, 2013.Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Smirnov, V. V. Barzali, and P. V. Ladnov, “Prospects for developing additive production in Russian engineering. Experience of FGBOU UGATU,” Nov. Materiloved. Nauka Tekhn., No. 2(14), 23–27 (2015).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. Shchitsyn, O. A. Kosolapov, and V. Yu. Shchitsyn, “Possibilities of plasma treatment of metals by a forward polarity current,” Svarka. Diagn., No. 2, 42–45 (2009).Google Scholar