Choosing the shape and dimensions of punches for the operation of piercing on a press
- 51 Downloads
Computer modeling and physical modeling are used to develop a method for choosing the shape and dimensions of a piercing tool based on the engineering problems that need to be solved. Results are given from use of the method to choose the shape and dimensions of tools in relation to the piercing force, the stability of the punches, the flow of metal into a hollow punch, and the removal of defects from continuous-cast semifinished products.
Keywordspiercing on a press hollow punch variation of wall thickness stability piercing force computer modeling and physical modeling
This study was carried out with financial support from the Research and Development Program of the Moscow Institute of Steels and Alloys.
- 1.I. I. Burnashev, Determination of the Operating and Design Parameters of a Press for Piercing Ingots with a Hollow Punch: Author’s Abstract of Engineering Sciences Candidate Dissertation, VZMI, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.M. M. Skripalenko, Modeling Piercing Processes to Make the Production of Hollow Tubular Semifinished Products More Efficient: Author’s Abstract of Engineering Sciences Candidate Dissertation, MISiS, Moscow (2007).Google Scholar
- 3.O. A. Kobelev, M. A. Tsepin, and M. M. Skripalenko, Forging of Wide Thick Plates [in Russian], Teplotekhnik, Moscow (2009).Google Scholar
- 4.A. M. Dmitriev and A. L. Vorontsov, “Stress–strain state during the extrusion of a stepped hole in hollow cylindrical semifinished products,” Proizv. Prokata, No. 3, 25–26 (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Vorontsov, Theory of Extrusion [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.O. A. Kobelev, A. V. Zinoviev, M. A. Tsepin, and M. M. Skripalenko, “Study of the temperature conditions during the nonuniform heating of large forging-grade semifinished products for their subsequent piercing,” in: Nowe Technologie i Osiagniecia w Metalurgii i Inzynierii Materialowej, Politechnika Czestochowska, Chestohowa (2009), pp. 156–161.Google Scholar
- 8.M. A. Tsepin, O. A. Kobelev, and M. M. Skripalenko, “Effect of the form of the punch on the piercing force for limitingly tall semifinished products,” in: Nowe Technologie i Osiagniecia w Metalurgii i Inzynierii Materialowej, Politechnika Czestochowska, Chestohowa (2008), pp. 424–429.Google Scholar
- 9.O. A. Kobelev, Development of Effective Resource-Saving Technologies for the Fabrication of Large Monoblock Panels and Products Made from Them: Author’s Abstract of Engineering Sciences Candidate Dissertation, MISiS, Moscow (2010).Google Scholar