Negative asymptotic topological dimension, a new condensate, and their relation to the quantized Zipf law
- 52 Downloads
We introduce the notion of weight for the asymptotic topological dimension. Planck’s formula for black-body radiation is refined. We introduce the notion of negative asymptotic topological dimension (of hole dimension). The condensate in the hole dimension is applied to the quantized Zipf law for frequency dictionaries (obtained earlier by the author).
Key wordsasymptotic topological dimension condensate Zipf ’s law Plank’s formula for black-body radiation rank distribution frequency dictionary
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. P. Maslov and T. V. Maslova, “On Zipf’s law and rank distributions in linguistics and semiotics,” Mat. Zametki [Math. Notes], 80 (2006), no. 5, 718–732.Google Scholar
- 3.V. P. Maslov, “On the minimization of the statistical risk of purchases on the housing market and of durable goods,” Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk [Russian Acad. Sci. Dokl. Math.], 411 (2006), no. 6.Google Scholar
- 4.V. P. Maslov, “Phase transitions of the zeroth kind and the quantization of Zipf’s law,” Teoret. Mat. Fiz. [Theoret. and Math. Phys.], 150 (2007), no. 1, 121–141.Google Scholar
- 7.V. P. Maslov, “The lack-of-preference law and the corresponding distributions in frequency probability theory,” Mat. Zametki [Math. Notes], 80 (2006), no. 2, 220–230.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Gromov, “Asymptotic invariants of infinite groups,” in: Geometric Group Theory, vol. 2 (Sussex, 1991), London Math. Soc. Lecture Note Ser., vol. 182, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1993, pp. 1–295.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Dranishnikov and J. Smith, “Asymptotic dimension of discrete groups,” in: arXiv: math.GT/0603055v1 (2 Mar 2006).Google Scholar
- 10.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Theoretical Physics, vol. 5, Statistical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, 1976.Google Scholar
- 11.O. Viro, “Dequantization of real algebraic geometry on logarithmic paper,” in: 3rd European Congress of Mathematics, vol. I (Barcelona, 2000), Progr. Math., vol. 201, Birkhäuser, Basel, 2001, pp. 135–146.Google Scholar