Computation of p-variation
A code for computing the p-variation of a piecewise monotone function is introduced. The code is publicly available in the R environment package under the name pvar. The algorithm is based on some properties of the p-variation of a piecewise monotone function proved in this paper. The mathematical results may have their own interest.
Keywordsp-variation computation piecewise monotone function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CRAN, available from: http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/pvar/index.html.
- 2.G. De Marco, Representing the algebra of regulated functions as an algebra of continuous functions, Rend. Semin. Mat. Univ. Padova, 84:195–199, 1990.Google Scholar
- 3.B.K. Driver, Rough Path Analysis, 2013, available from: http://www.math.ucsd.edu/~bdriver/http://247A-Winter2009/lecture_notes.htm.
- 4.R.M. Dudley and R. Norvaiša, An Introduction to p-Variation and Young Integrals, with Emphasis on Sample Functions of Stochastic Processes, MaPhySto Lect. Notes, Vol. 1, Univ. Aarhus, Denmark, 1998.Google Scholar
- 5.R.M. Dudley and R. Norvaiša, Differentiability of Six Operators on Nonsmooth Functions and p-variation, Lect. Notes Math., Vol. 1703, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 1999.Google Scholar
- 12.J. Qian, The p-Variation of Partial Sum Processes and the Empirical Process, PhD thesis, Tufts University, 1997.Google Scholar
- 14.R Development Core Team, R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing, R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Viena, Austria, 2011, available from: http://www.R-project.org/.