Self-Propagating Synthesis of Supported Oxide Catalysts for Deep Oxidation of CO and Hydrocarbons
- 57 Downloads
The surface self-propagating thermal synthesis (SSTS) of supported oxide catalysts is reported, which is a new modification of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis. The propagation of the combustion front on a variety of supports differing in nature and shape is studied. A group of catalysts based on simple and mixed oxides of cobalt, copper, and manganese are prepared by SSTS, and their physicochemical properties are determined. The dependence of synthesis parameters on catalyst preparation conditions is studied. The activity of the resulting catalysts is estimated in deep CO and methane oxidations as model reactions.
KeywordsOxide Copper Combustion Methane Cobalt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pakhomov, N.A. and Buyanov, R.A., Tezisy dokladov V Rossiskoi konferentsii po nauchnym osnovam prigotovleniya i tekhnologii katalizatorov (Proc. V Russian Conf. on the Scientific Foundations of Catalyst Preparation and Technology), Novosibirsk, 2004, p. 7.Google Scholar
- 2.Khimiya sinteza szhiganiem (Chemistry of Combustion Synthesis), Koidzumi, M., Ed., Moscow: Mir, 1998, p. 11.Google Scholar
- 3.Merzhanov, A.G., Protsessy goreniya i sintez materialov (Combustion and Synthesis of Materials), Chernogolovka: Inst. of Structural Macrokinetics, 1998.Google Scholar
- 4.Xanthopoulou, G. and Vekinis, G., Appl. Catal., B, 1998, vol. 19, p. 37.Google Scholar
- 6.Xanthopoulou, G. and Vekinis, G., Appl. Catal., A, 2000, vol. 199, no.2, p. 227.Google Scholar
- 7.RF Patent 2234979, 2004.Google Scholar
- 8.Knunyants, I.L., Khimicheskaya entsiklopediya (Encyclopedia of Chemistry), Moscow: Sovetskaya Entsiklopediya, 1990.Google Scholar
- 9.Turova, N.Ya., Neorganicheskaya khimiya v tablitsakh. Uchebnoe posobie (Inorganic Chemistry in Tables: A Textbook), Moscow: CheRo, 2002.Google Scholar
- 10.Tukhtaev, R.K., Boldyrev, V.V., Gavrilov, A.I., and Larionov, S.V., J. Therm. Anal., 2003, vol. 71, no.3, p. 841.Google Scholar
- 11.USSR Inventor's Certificate no. 844038, Byull. Izobret., 1981.Google Scholar
- 12.Liotta, L.F., Pantaleo, G., Macaluso, A., Di Carlo, G., and Deganello, G., Appl. Catal., A, 2003, vol. 245, p. 167.Google Scholar