Thermal performance and decomposition kinetics of RDX/AP/SiO2 intermolecular explosive
- 5 Downloads
The thermal performance of the intermolecular explosive (IMX) prepared from RDX, ammonium perchlorate (AP), and SiO2 with different component ratio was studied by TG and DSC. The decomposition time of RDX and AP in the IMX was confirmed by TG–FTIR–MS. Regardless of the SiO2/AP ratio, the decomposition heat of the IMX reached maximum when the mass ratio of SiO2/RDX was around 0.1. When the SiO2/RDX mass ratio was kept at 0.1, the decomposition heat of the IMX firstly increased and then decreased with rising AP content. The kinetic parameters of three different IMXs were measured. It was found that in the IMX, RDX and AP decomposed at the same time, and the oxygen released from AP allowed the RDX to decompose more thoroughly in the redox reaction. According to TG–FTIR–MS, the IMX had superior thermal performance than the physical mixture of RDX and AP. The IMX with zero oxygen balance had maximum decomposition activation energy.
KeywordsIntermolecular explosive Decomposition Kinetics TGA DSC TG–FTIR–MS
This work was supported by NSAF (No. U1630142).
- 2.Zheng J, Chen R, Li G, Sun J, Luo Y. Study on thermal decomposition of RDX/AP intermolecular explosive. T B Inst Tech. 2011;31(4):482–5.Google Scholar
- 4.Zheng B, Luo G, Shu Y, Wang P. Research status and prospect of melt-cast explosive. Chem Ind Eng Prog. 2013;32(6):1341–6.Google Scholar
- 6.Chen R, Ll G, Sun J, Luo Y, Zheng J. Preparation of RDX/vAP/SiO2 composite energetic materials by sol–gel method. J Solid Rocket Technol. 2010;6:016.Google Scholar
- 10.Zhu J, Xie X, Luo W, Di Y. Thermal decomposition kinetics of emulsion explosive containing ferrous ion. Explos Mater. 2011.Google Scholar
- 14.Zhang L. Development and present situation of research on intermolecular explosive. Mech Manage Dev. 2008;23(3):57–8.Google Scholar
- 15.Liu Z, Yin C, Kong Y, Zhao F, Luo Y, Xiang H. The thermal decomposition of ammonium perchlorate. Energy Mater. 2000;1(1):785–96.Google Scholar
- 16.Fan X, Li J, Fu X, Wang H. Thermal decompositions of ammonium perchlorate of various granularities. Acta Chim Sinica. 2009;67(1):39–44.Google Scholar
- 17.Liu Z, Yin C, Kong Y, Zhao F, Luo Y, Zhou H. Interaction of ammonium perchlorate with HMX and RDX during decomposition. J Propuls Technol. 2000;21(6):70–3.Google Scholar