Effect of early-strength-enhancing agents on setting time and early mechanical strength of belite–barium calcium sulfoaluminate cement
- 27 Downloads
Belite–barium calcium sulfoaluminate (C2.75B1.25A3$) cement is a new type of belite-rich cement with great long-term mechanical performance and good durability. Its early-age mechanical property was found to be comparable to that of Grade 32.5 ordinary Portland cement. In order to further improve its early hydration activity, the effect of two known early-strength agents on the performance of the belite–barium calcium sulfoaluminate cement was investigated by means of XRD, pore structure and TGA. It was found that Na2SO4 and Ca(HCOO)2 can be used as an early-strength-enhancing agents for this type of cement with the best dosage of 0.5 and 2.0% by weight, respectively. Ca(HCOO)2 was preferable to this type of cement from the durability point of view.
KeywordsC2.75B1.25A3$ Belite Na2SO4 Ca(HCOO)2
This work is supported by the 13th Five-Year the state key development program (2016YFB0303505), Natural Science Foundations of China (51672108), 111 Project of International Corporation on Advanced Cement-based Materials (No. D17001), the Shandong Province Bold Talent Program (ZR2015EM002) and postdoctor program of University of Jinan (XBH1718). We also thank Program for Scientific Research Innovation Team in Colleges and Universities of Shandong Province.
- 2.Aranda MAG, Cuberos AJM, Cuesta A, Alvarez-Pinazo G, De la Torre AG. Hydrating behaviour of activated belite sulfoaluminate cements. In: Proceedings of the 13th international congress on the chemistry of cement, Madrid; 2011. p. 197–200.Google Scholar
- 16.Lu LC, Zhang WW, Xuan HZ, Cheng X. Calcination condition of belite–calcium barium sulphoaluminate cement and its properties. J Chin Ceram Soc. 2008;36:165–9.Google Scholar
- 17.Zhang WW, Lu LC, Cui YJ, Chang J, Cheng X. Microstructure and properties of belite–calcium barium sulphoaluminate. J Chin Ceram Soc. 2007;35:467–71.Google Scholar
- 21.ASTM C191-13. Standard test methods for time of setting of hydraulic cement by Vicat needle; 2008.Google Scholar
- 23.Liu J, Song S, Gao X, Yang W. Effect of sulfate on dispersing properties of polycarboxylate superplasticizer. J Build Mater. 2013;16(3):410–5.Google Scholar
- 24.Zhenguo Z, Han Y, Wang C. Research on confection and the mechanism of alkali-free concrete hardening accelerator. J Wuhan Univ Technol. 2009;37(7):81–3.Google Scholar