Synthesis, characterization and thermal decomposition of SbIII-M-SbIII type trinuclear complexes of ethylenediamine-N, N, N′, N′-tetraacetate (M:Co(II), La(III), Nd(III), Dy(III))
- 87 Downloads
Four ethylenediamine-N,N,N′,N′-tetraacetate complexes with Sb(III)-M-Sb(III) polynuclear structure (M=Co(II), La(III), Nd(III), Dy(III)) are synthesized. [Sb2-μ4-(EDTA)2Co(H2O)2]·5.15H2O is characterized by single crystal X-ray diffraction. The crystal structure of [Sb2-μ4-(EDTA)2Co(H2O)2]·5.15H2O belongs to monoclinic system, space group P21/n, lattice parameters: a=6.9969(2), b=20.8705(4), c=10.8106(2) Å, β=90.031(1)°, V=1578.66(6) Å3, Z=2, M r=1007.76, D c=2.120 g cm−3, F(000)=1001, μ=2.323 mm−1, the final R=0.0235 and wR=0.0629 for 3480 observed reflections (I>2σ(I)). The powder X-ray diffraction patterns of the complexes are also measured. Elemental analyses, FTIR spectra, TG-DSC and DTA of [Sb2(EDTA)2Ln]NO3·nH2O are performed. FTIR spectra reveal that the antimony and other metallic ions were connected through the carboxylate bridges. The thermal analysis can demonstrate the complex formation of the antimony, other metallic ions and EDTA. The possible pyrolysis reactions in the thermal decomposition process of the complexes, the experimental and calculated percentage mass losses are also given.
Keywordsantimony complex crystal structure rare earth metal thermal decomposition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.V. Lecureur, D. Lagadic-Gossmann and O. Fardel, Int. J. Oncol., 20 (2002) 1071.Google Scholar
- 10.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELXS-97, Program for X-ray Crystal Structure Solution, University of Göttingen, Germany, 1990.Google Scholar
- 11.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELXS-97, Program for X-ray Crystal Structure Solution, University of Göttingen, Germany, 1997.Google Scholar
- 12.K. Nakamoto, Infrared and Raman Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, 4th Ed., John Wiley & Sons Inc., 1986.Google Scholar
- 16.K. Nakanshi and P. H. Solomon, Infrared Absorption Spectroscopy, 2nd Ed., Holden-Day, San Francisco 1974.Google Scholar
- 18.M. D. Jin and W. X. Zhu, The Research Methods of the Coordination Chemistry, 1st Ed, Science Press, Chinese 1996.Google Scholar