Adsorption and separation behaviors of molybdenum from high-level liquid waste using a silica-based hydroxyoxime impregnated adsorbent
- 104 Downloads
To separate Mo(VI) from high-level liquid waste, a silica-based (anti-DEHDO + Dodec)/SiO2-P adsorbent was synthesized by impregnating an anti-isomer of 5,8-dietyl-7-hydroxy-6-dodecanonoxime (DEHDO) as a hydroxyoxime-type extractant and a molecule modifier of 1-dodecanol into a SiO2-P support, where “P” indicates the polymerized styrene–divinylbenzene inside macroporous SiO2 particles. Adsorption and separation behaviors of Mo(VI) in HNO3 solutions onto the adsorbent were investigated by batch and column methods, respectively. The adsorbent can effectively adsorb Mo(VI) in both methods. In addition, Pd(II) and Zr(IV) contained in the simulated high-level liquid waste were successfully isolated by the adsorbent packed column, respectively.
KeywordsMacroporous silica-based adsorbent Hydroxyoxime Molybdenum Adsorption High-level liquid waste
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number 16H02444.
- 2.Research Committee on Portioning and Transmutation Cycle (2006) Benefit of partitioning and transmutation: an evaluation of the impact on the management of high-level radioactive waste. J At Energy Soc Jpn 48:327–332 (In Japanese) Google Scholar
- 4.Kikuchi T, Hoshi H, Asakura T, Morita Y, Kimura T, Gjergj D, Fujita T (2010) Development of separation technology of Mo by using iron oxide adsorbents. JAEA-Research 2010-010 (In Japanese)Google Scholar
- 5.Morita Y, Yamagishi I (2017) Development of separation process for Pd by extraction with 5,8-diethyl-7-hydroxy-6-dodecanone Oxime. JAEA-Research 2017-006 (In Japanese)Google Scholar
- 6.Sano M, Shibata J, Harada M, Nishimura S (1988) Extraction of Molybdenum ant tungsten with D2EHPA and LIX63. J Min Metall Inst Jpn 104:475–479 [In Japanese] Google Scholar
- 8.Ikeda K, Wu Y, Mimura H, Niibori Y (2010) Selective separation and recovery of Mo(VI) by hybrid microcapsules containing organic extractants. WM2010 Conference, Phoenix, AZ, 7–11 Mar, 2010Google Scholar
- 11.Tammi TT (1976/1977) Separation of the isomers of the commercial α-hydroxy-oxime LIX 63. Hydrometallurgy 2:371–380Google Scholar