One-step labelling of a novel small-molecule peptide with astatine-211: preliminary evaluation in vitro and in vivo
- 124 Downloads
In this paper, VP2, a novel small molecule fusion peptide, was labelled with 211At through a one-step method (coupled with bifunctional intermediate SPC first and then labelled) with a radiochemical yield of about 45%. The radiochemical purity was still > 95% after 24 h at room temperature. Specificity studies in vitro indicated that 211At-SPC-VP2 has a high affinity for several tumour cells. Additionally, biodistribution in KM mice showed that 211At-SPC-VP2 has sufficient stability in vivo. This research suggested that 211At–SPC-VP2 produced by the convenient method has the potential to be a novel targeted drug for cancer radiotherapy.
Keywords211At VP2 One-step labelling Biodistribution Cell binding
This work was financially supported by the China National Natural Science Foundation (Grant No. 21371124).
- 3.Zalutsky MR, Zhao X-G, Alston KL, Bigner D (2001) High-level production of α-particle–emitting 211At and preparation of 211At-Labelled antibodies for clinical use. J Nucl Med 42(10):1508–1515Google Scholar
- 6.Larsen RH, Murud KM, Akabani G, Hoff P, Bruland OS, Zalutsky MR (1998) 211At- and 131I- labeled bisphosphonates with high in vivo stability and bone accumulation. J Nucl Med 40:1197–1203Google Scholar
- 13.Zalutsky MR, Reardon DA, Akabani G, Coleman RE, Friedman AH, Friedman HS, McLendon RE, Wong TZ, Bigner DD (2008) Clinical experience with alpha-particle emitting 211At: treatment of recurrent brain tumor patients with 211At-labeled chimeric antitenascin monoclonal antibody 81C6. J Nucl Med 49(1):30–48CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Cederkrantz E, Andersson H, Bernhardt P, Back T, Hultborn R, Jacobsson L, Jensen H, Lindegren S, Ljungberg M, Magnander T, Palm S, Albertsson P (2015) Absorbed doses and risk estimates of 211At-MX35 F(ab’)2 in intraperitoneal therapy of ovarian cancer patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 93(3):569–576CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.Walte A, Sriyapureddy SSR, Korkmaz Z, Krull D, Bolte O, Hofmann M, Meyer G-J, Knapp WH (2007) Preparation and evaluation of 211At labeled antineoplastic antibodies. J Pharm Pharmaceut Sci 10(2):277–285Google Scholar
- 25.Ding X, Zheng L, Huang D, Pan D, Xie L, Liu J, Chen J, Guo W, Li H, Li Q (2016) Distribution and imaging of a 99Tc-labeled linear peptide derived from vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor in vivo. J Third Mil Med Univ 38(19):2107–2113Google Scholar
- 28.Bourgeois M, Guerard F, Alliot C, Degraef MM, Rajeison H, Saec PR, Gestin JF, Davodeau F, Cherel M, Barbet J, Faivre-Chauvet A (2008) Feasibility of the radioastatination of a monoclonal antibody with astatine-211 purified by wet extraction. J Label Compd Radiopharm 51(11):379–383CrossRefGoogle Scholar