Measurement of isomeric yield ratios for the 110Pd(γ,n)109m,gPd reaction
- 171 Downloads
We measured the isomeric yield ratios for the 110Pd(γ,n)109m,gPd reaction by the activation method with the bremsstrahlung endpoint energies of 50-, 55-, 60-, 65-, and 70-MeV generated from an electron linear accelerator of Pohang accelerator laboratory. The induced γ-activities of the irradiated palladium foils were measured by a coaxial high purity germanium detector coupled to a PC-based multi-channel analyzer. The necessary corrections were made to improve the accuracy of the γ-activity measurements. The present experimental results measured with bremsstrahlung endpoint energies of 50-, 55-, 60-, 65-, and 70-MeV are 0.108 ± 0.007; 0.118 ± 0.008; 0.118 ± 0.007; 0.120 ± 0.008; 0.119 ± 0.008, respectively. The obtained results are compared with those existing in literature.
KeywordsIsomeric yield ratio Photonuclear reaction 110Pd(γ,n)109m,gPd Activation method
The authors would like to thank to the staffs of the Pohang Accelerating Laboratory (PAL) for the excellent operation of the electron linac and their strong support during the experiments. This research was partly supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) through a grant provided by the Korean Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP) (NRF-2013R1A2A2A01067340), by the Dong-nam Institute of Radiological & Medical Sciences (DIRAMS) (50496-2016), by the Institutional Activity Program of Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI), and by the Vietnam National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED) under Grant No. 103.04-2015.73.
- 9.Qaim SM, Sudar S, Fessler A (2005) Influence of reaction channel on the isomeric cross section ratio. Radiochim Acta 93:503–506Google Scholar
- 17.Belov AG, Gangrsky YP, Tonchev AP, Balabanov NP (1996) Excitation of isomeric 1h11/2 states in the reactions (γ, n). Phys Atom Nucl 59:553–559Google Scholar
- 19.Luc HD, Thiep TD, An TT, An P (1987) Isomeric yield ratios in the production of 143m,gSm, 141m,gNd, and 109m,gPd by 14 MeV neutrons. Bulg J Phys 14:152–156Google Scholar
- 27.Kim GN, Lee YS, Skoy V, Kovalchuk V, Cho MH, Ko IS, Namkung W, Lee DW, Kim HD, Ko SK, Park SH, Kim DS, Ro TI, Min YG (2001) First experiment at the pohang neutron facility. J Korean Phys Soc 38:14–18Google Scholar
- 28.Kim GN, Ahmed H, Machrafi R, Son DC, Skoy V, Lee YS, Kang H, Cho MH, Ko IS, Namkung W (2003) Nuclear data production facility based on the electron linac. J Korean Phys Soc 43:479–486Google Scholar
- 29.NUDAT 2.6: National Nuclear Data Center, Brookhaven National Laboratory. http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/nudat2/chartNuc.jsp
- 30.Do NV, Khue PD, Thanh KT, Nam TH, Rahman MS, Kim KS, Lee MW, Kim GN, Lee HS, Cho MH, Ko IS, Namkung W (2011) Measurement of isomeric yield ratios for the 44m,gSc isomeric pairs produced from 45Sc and natTi targets at 50-, 60-, and 70-MeV bremsstrahlung. J Radioanal Nucl Chem 287:813–820CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 31.Do NV, Khue PD, Thiep TD, Duan PV, Lee YS, Kim GN, Oh Y, Lee HS, Kang H, Cho MH, Ko IS, Namkung W (2007) Measurement of isomeric cross section ratios for the 45Sc(γ,n)44m,gSc, natTi(γ,x) 44m,gSc, 103Rh(γ,4n)99m,gRh, and natFe(γ,x)52m,gMn reactions induced by 65 MeV bremsstrahlung. J Korean Phys Soc 50:417–425CrossRefGoogle Scholar