An experimental study on the synergistic effects between Azolla and Anabaena in removal of uranium from solutions by Azolla–anabaena symbiotic system
- 214 Downloads
In order to study the synergistic effects between Azolla and Anabaena in the removal of uranium from wastewater by Azolla–anabaena symbiotic system (AASS), the Azolla without Anabaena (AWA) was separated from the AASS. The removal of uranium by the AWA and the AASS, the growth inhibition, the solution protein contents, the superoxide dismutase, catalase and peroxidase activities under the stress of different uranium solutions were measured and analyzed. The results show that there were synergistic effects between Azolla and Anabaena.
KeywordsBiosorption Azolla–anabaena symbiotic system Uranium Antioxidant enzymes
This research was supported by the Defense Industrial Technology Development Program (B3720132001), National Natural Science Foundation of China (U1401231 and 11305087), Postgraduate Innovation Foundation of Hunan Province (CX2012A016).
- 4.Ojovan MI, Lee WE (2014) An introduction to nuclear waste immobilisation. Elsevier, NederlandGoogle Scholar
- 9.De Filippis LF (2015) Soil remediation and plants. Elsevier, NederlandGoogle Scholar
- 17.Hu N, Ding DX, Li GY, Wang YD, Li L, Zheng JF (2012) Uranium removal from water by five aquatic plants. Acta Sci Circumst 32:1637–1645Google Scholar
- 24.Babu SC, Sanyal P (2009) Food security, poverty and nutrition policy analysis. Elsevier, NederlandGoogle Scholar
- 28.Maier RM, Pepper IL (2015) Environmental microbiology, 3rd edn. Elsevier, NederlandGoogle Scholar
- 30.Zhan YY, Yang RJ, Wang XL, Zhan YJ (2011) Effects of Cr(VI) on the growth of marine algae. Acta Sci Circumst. doi: 10.13671/j.hjkxxb.2011.04.003