Sorption of strontium by the endoreceptor dibenzo-18-crown-6 immobilized in a polymer matrix
- 204 Downloads
A set of new sorbent were obtained by impregnation different amounts of endoreceptor dibenzo-18-crown-6 in the styrene–divinylbenzene polymer matrix “Porolas-T”. Physical and chemical parameters of strontium sorption on a natural mixture of isotopes from nitric acid solutions were investigated, namely isotherm of sorption, dependence of the distribution coefficient on the concentration of nitric acid in a solution and concentration of crown ether in the sorbent, kinetics of sorption and desorption of strontium. The selectivity of strontium sorption was studied to the alkaline, alkaline-earth metals and cobalt. The sorption properties of sorbent were examined to extraction of radioactive 90Sr.
KeywordsDibenzo-18-crown-6 Porolas-T Strontium Sorption Isotherm Kinetics Selectivity
We are grateful to Prof. S.B. Gulin for valuable advice in preparing the manuscript. The study was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research and the Government of the city of Sevastopol in the framework of a research project no. 14-43-01005 « r_yug_a ».
- 1.ICRP (2007) The 2007 recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 103. Ann ICRP 37(2–4):1–332Google Scholar
- 3.Yakshin VV, Vilkova OM, Tsarenko NA, Laskorin BN (1992) Dokl Akad Nauk 324:144–146Google Scholar
- 4.Yakshin VV, Tsarenko NA, Laskorin BN (1992) Dokl Akad Nauk 325:970–972Google Scholar
- 5.Yakshin VV, Tsarenko NA, Zhukova NG, Laskorin BN (1992) Dokl Akad Nauk 325:748–750Google Scholar
- 17.Bezhin NA, Dovhyi II, Balioz AV (2012) Collect Sci Work SNUNEI 41:115–119Google Scholar
- 18.Bezhin NA, Dovhyi II (2012) Patent of Ukraine No. 74423Google Scholar
- 21.Hiraoka M (1982) Crown connection Properties and applications. Kodansha Ltd., TokyoGoogle Scholar