Optimization of fundamental parameters in routine production of 90Y-hydroxyapatite for radiosynovectomy
- 121 Downloads
Hydroxyapatite was applied as a carrier adsorbing 90Y3+ ions for 90Y-HA colloid production. The radiopharmaceutical colloid was prepared by adding an acidic solution of 90YCl3 to HA suspension in saline solution. Effective parameters on labeling of 90Y-HA were evaluated. Adsorption and cation-exchange properties were studied using inductively coupled plasma elemental analysis and N2 adsorption–desorption isotherm method. Radionuclidic purity was over 99.9 %. Labeling yield and radiochemical purity were >99 %. Radiochemical purity was evaluated also in human albumin for 7 days at 37 °C. Biodistribution studies have shown complete retention of injected radioactivity at the administration site up to 72 h.
KeywordsRadiosynovectomy Rheumatoid arthritis Yttrium-90 Hydroxyapatite Colloidal radiopharmaceuticals Cation exchange
The authors are thankful to “The Vise-Presidency of Science and Technology Grant” for their financial support under the project “The Development of new Radiopharmaceuticals in Iran 2010–2012”.
- 3.Schneider P, Farahati J, Reiners C (2005) Radiosynovectomy in rheumatology, orthopedics, and hemophilia. J Nucl Med 46(1 suppl):48S–54SGoogle Scholar
- 17.Chinol M, Vallabhajosula S, Goldsmith SJ, Klein MJ, Deutsch KF, Chinen LK, Brodack JW, Deutsch EA, Watson BA, Tofe AJ (1993) Chemistry and biological behavior of samarium-153 and rhenium-186-labeled hydroxyapatite particles: potential radiopharmaceuticals for radiation synovectomy. J Nucl Med 34(9):1536–1542Google Scholar
- 18.Kahan A, Mödder G, Menkes CJ, Verrier P, Devaux JY, Bonmartin A, De Rycke Y, Manil L, Chossat F, Tebib J (2004) 169Erbium-citrate synoviorthesis after failure of local corticosteroid injections to treat rheumatoid arthritis-affected finger joints. Clin Exp Rheumatol 22(6):722–726Google Scholar
- 21.Yttrium [90Y] colloid CIS bio international, colloid suspension for local injection (2008) Summary of product characteristics. CIS bio international Member of IBA groupGoogle Scholar
- 26.Unni PR, Pillai MRA 166Ho labelled hydroxy apatite particles for radiosynovectomy. In: Therapeutic applications of radiopharmaceuticals, Hyderabad, India, 18–22 January 1999. IAEA-TECDOC-1228, pp 249–256Google Scholar