Determination of major and trace elements in iron reference materials using k0-NAA
- 50 Downloads
Major and trace element contents in iron ore reference materials were investigated using k 0-instrumental neutron activation analysis (k 0-INAA). To avoid iron interferences, radiochemical separation was developed (k 0-RNAA). The determination of the investigated elements in the inorganic phase from hydrochloric acid solution was performed after radiochemical separation of iron by diisopropyl ether. It was found that after the Fe elimination, the limit of detection for some elements was much lower that enables their direct determination. The distribution of 39 elements (with intermediate/medium and long half-life radionuclides) after Fe removal was investigated.
KeywordsINAA PIXE Hydrochloric Acid Solution DIPE Radiochemical Separation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Schrön, G. Bombach, P. Beuge, Spectrochim. Acta, B38 (1983) 1269.Google Scholar
- 2.J. R. Castillo, M. J. Mir, M. L. Martinez, T. Gomez, At. Spectrosc., 9 (1988) 9.Google Scholar
- 4.T. Stafilov, Spectrochim. Acta, B55 (2000) 893.Google Scholar
- 8.T. Stafilov, A. Lazaru, E. Pernicka, Acta Chim. Slov., 40 (1993) 37.Google Scholar
- 12.T. Stafilov, D. Zendelovska, Turk. J. Chem., 26 (2002) 271.Google Scholar
- 13.H. Palme, M. K. Pavićević, B. Spettel, Nucl. Instr. Meth. Phys. Res., A271 (1988) 314.Google Scholar
- 14.S. Suzuki, S. Hirai, Bunseki Kagaku, 44 (1995) 209.Google Scholar
- 18.M. Nečemer, P. Kump, M. Rajčevič, R. Jaćimović, B. Budič, M. Ponikvar, Spectrochim. Acta, B58 (2003) 1367.Google Scholar
- 19.D. De Soete, R. Gijbels, J. Hoste, Neutron Activation Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1972.Google Scholar
- 20.HyperLab 2002 System, Installation and Quick Start Guide, HyperLabs Software, Budapest, 2002.Google Scholar
- 22.User’s Manual KAYZERO/SOLCOI® Version 5a software package, Published by DSM Research, Geleen (NL), developed at the INW-RUG, Gent (B) and the KFKI, Budapest (H), 2003.Google Scholar