Validation of the k0_IAEA software using SMELS material at CDTN/CNEN, Brazil
- 66 Downloads
The Laboratory for Neutron Activation Analysis at CDTN/CNEN, Brazil, acquired the k0_IAEA software package during the Workshop on Nuclear Data for Activation Analysis, 2005, held at the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Italy. The IAEA distributed the software to several laboratories and has accepted suggestions from the users about the performance of the program. This paper describes the validation procedure carried out aiming at the validation of the software package. The procedure was to analyze the SMELS samples and to compare the results obtained by this software to the commercial KayWin software package, already established at CDTN/CNEN. The results were compared to the values obtained by the Jožef Stefan Institute, Slovenia. The laboratories applied the same software: k0_IAEA and KayWin. The overall results pointed out that the k0_IAEA software set up at CDTN/CNEN, Brazil, is working properly. The u-score test showed that all results, except data in SMELS Type III for Se obtained at the JSI, are within 95% confidence interval once setting up u-score as 1.96 (P = 95% or ±2σ).
KeywordsNeutron Activation Analysis Coverage Factor Relative Bias Expanded Uncertainty Polyethylene Vial
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. De Corte, The k0-Standardization Method; A Move to the Optimisation of Neutron Activation Analysis, Ryksuniversiteit Gent, Faculteit Van de Wetenschappen, 1986, 464 p.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Rossbach, M. Blaauw, Nucl. Instr. Meth., A564 (2006) 698.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Â. B. C. Menezes, R. Jaćimović, Nucl. Instr. Meth., A564 (2006) 707.Google Scholar
- 6.ISO 8402:1994; “Quality management and quality assurance-Vocabulary”.Google Scholar
- 7.Associação Brasileira De Normas TÉcnicas, ABNT NBR ISO/IEC 17025, Requisitos gerais para a competência de laboratórios de ensaio e calibração (General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories), 2005.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Vermaercke, P. Robouch, M. Eguskiza, F. De Corte, G. Kennedy, B. Smodiš, R. Jaćimović, C. Yonezawa, H. Matsue, X. Lin, M. Blaauw, J. Kučera, Nucl. Instr. Meth., A564 (2006) 675.Google Scholar
- 9.C. J. Brookes, I. G. Betteley, S. M. Loxton, Fundamentals of Mathematics and Statistics, Wiley, 1979.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Shakhashiro, A. M. G. F. Azeredo, U. Sansone, C. K. Kim, G. Kis-Benedek, A. Trinkl, T. Benesch, R. Schorn, IAEA, Report on the IAEA-CU-2006-05 Proficiency Test on Determination of 137Cs and 210Pb in Spiked Soil, IAEA/AL/167.Google Scholar
- 11.Certificate of Analysis, SMELS, update version October 2007.Google Scholar