On the Normalizer of a Unipotent Root Subgroup in a Chevalley Group
In the present paper, the normalizer of a unipotent short and long root subgroup in a Chevalley group over an arbitrary field is calculated in detail. Surely this result is known to specialists. However the author could not find a reference to it.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Bourbaki, Él é ments de Math é matique. Groupes et Algebres de Lie [Russian translation], Chaps. IV–VI, Mir, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.N. A. Vavilov, “Subgroups of Chevalley groups containing a maximal torus,” Trudy Leningr. Mat. Obshch., 1, 64–109 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Nesterov, “Pairs of short root subgroups in the Chevalley group of type G2,” Zap. Nauchn. Semin. POMI, 281, 253–273 (2001).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Steinberg, “Endomorphisms of linear algebraic groups,” Mem. Amer. Math. Soc., 80 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Steinberg, Lectures on Chevalley Groups [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar