Diffraction of Rayleigh Waves on a Compliant Inclusion in the Elastic Half Space
- 9 Downloads
We consider a three-dimensional dynamical problem of diffraction of Rayleigh plane waves on a circular compliant inclusion in the elastic half space. To solve the problem, we use the method of boundary integral equations. The dynamical stress intensity factors in the vicinities of points of the contour of the inclusion are analyzed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Galazyuk and H. T. Sulym, “Stress-strain state of an unbounded medium with “cured” disk crack,” Dop. NAN Ukr., No. 10, 65–69 (2013).Google Scholar
- 2.Ye. V. Glushkov and N. V. Glushkova, “Diffraction of elastic waves by three-dimensional cracks of arbitrary shape in a plane,” Prikl. Mat. Mekh., 60, No. 2, 282–289 (1996); English translation: J. Appl. Math. Mech., 60, No 2, 277–283 (1996).Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Grishin, “Rayleigh waves in isotropic medium. Analytic solutions and approximations,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk. Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 1, 48–52 (2001); English translation: Mech. Solids, 36 (1), 38-41 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.N. V. Zvolinskii, K. N. Shkhinek, and N. I. Chumikov, “Interaction of a plane wave with a cut in the elastic medium,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR. Fiz. Zemli, No. 4, 36–46 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.G. S. Kit and M. V. Khai, Method of Potentials in Three-Dimensional Problems of Thermoelasticity for Bodies with Cracks [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1989).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Mykhas’kiv, I. O. Butrak, and I. P. Laushnik, “Interaction between a compliant disk-shaped inclusion and a crack upon incidence of an elastic wave,” Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., 54, No. 3, 141–148 (2013); English translation: J. Appl. Mech. Tech. Phys., 54, No. 3, 465–471 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.V. G. Popov, “Interaction of a plane harmonic Rayleigh wave with a thin rigid edge inclusion coupled with an elastic medium,” Prikl. Mat. Mekh., 61, No. 2, 255–262 (1997); English translation: J. Appl. Math. Mech., 61, No. 2, 245–252 (1997).Google Scholar
- 9.V. G. Popov and A. É. Ulanovskii, “Comparative analysis of diffraction fields in the case of elastic waves passing through defects of different nature,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 4, 99–109 (1995).Google Scholar
- 10.V. Z. Stankevich and M. V. Khai, “Study into the interaction of cracks in an elastic half space under a shock load by means of boundary integral equations,” Prikl. Mekh., 38, No. 4, 69–76 (2002); English translation: Int. Appl. Mech., 38, No. 4, 440–446 (2002).Google Scholar
- 14.V. V. Matus and Ya. I. Kunets, “Null field method of SH-wave scattering by partially debonded elastic inclusion,” in: DIPED–2008. Proc. of the 13th Internat. Seminar/Workshop on Direct and Inverse Problems of Electromagnetic and Acoustic Wave Theory, Lviv–Tbilisi (2008), pp. 176–178.Google Scholar