Spectral Analysis of Linear Models of Viscoelasticity
- 22 Downloads
In this paper, we examine Volterra integrodifferential equations with unbounded operator coefficients in Hilbert spaces. Equations considered are abstract hyperbolic equations perturbed by terms containing Volterra integral operators. These equations can be realized as partial integrodifferential equations that appear in the theory of viscoelasticity (see [2, 5]), as Gurtin–Pipkin integrodifferential equations (see [1, 7]) that describe finite-speed heat transfer in materials with memory. They also appear in averaging problems for multiphase media (Darcy’s law.
Keywords and phrasesintegrodifferential equation spectral analysis operator-valued function
AMS Subject Classification34D05 34C23
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. A. Il’yushin and B. E. Pobedrya, Foundations of Mathematical Theory of Thermoviscoelasticity [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Kato, Perturbation Theory for Linear Operators, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.N. D. Kopachevsky and S. G. Krein Operator Approach to Linear Problems of Hydrodynamics. Vol. 2. Nonself-adjoint Problems for Viscous Fluids, Birkhäuser, Boston (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Lykov, Problems of Heat and Mass Transfer [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.A. I. Miloslavsky, Spectral properties of an operator pencil that appears in the theory of viscoelasticity [in Russian], preprint, Kharkov (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.A. A. Shkalikov, “Strongly damped pencils of operators and solvability of the corresponding operator-differential equations,” Mat. Sb., 135 (177), No. 1, 96–118 (1988).Google Scholar
- 11.V. V. Vlasov, A. A. Gavrikov, S. A. Ivanov, D. Yu. Knyazkov, V. A. Samarin, and A. S. Shamaev, “Spectral properties of combined media,” Sovr. Probl. Mat. Mekh., 5, No. 1, 134–155 (2009).Google Scholar
- 12.V. V. Vlasov, D. A. Medvedev, and N. A. Rautian, “Functional-differential equations in Sobolev spaces and their spectral analysis,” Sovr. Probl. Mat. Mekh., 8 (2011).Google Scholar
- 13.V. V. Vlasov and N. A. Rautian, “Correct solvability and spectral analysis of integrodifferential equations that appear in the theory of viscoelasticity,” Sovr. Mat. Fundam. Napr., 58, 22–42 (2015).Google Scholar
- 15.V. V. Vlasov, N. A. Rautian, and A. S. Shamaev, “Spectral analysis and correct solvability of abstract integrodifferential equations that appear in thermal physics and acoustics,” Sovr. Mat. Fundam. Napr., 39, 36–65 (2011).Google Scholar