On One Two-Dimensional Linear Integral Equation with a Coefficient that has Zeros
- 24 Downloads
In this paper, we study, in the class of H¨older functions, linear two-dimensional integral equations with coefficients t that have zeros in the interval under consideration. Using the theory of singular integral equations, necessary and sufficient conditions for the solvability of these equations under some assumption on their kernels are given.
KeywordsIntegral Equation Homogeneous Equation Singular Integral Equation Fredholm Integral Equation Zero Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. H. Bareiss and I. K. Abu-Shumays, “On the structure of isotropic transport operators in space,” in: Transport Theory. Proc. Symp. Appl. Math., New York, 1967, SIAM-AMS Proc., 1, Am. Math. Soc., Providence, Rhode Island (1969), pp. 37–78Google Scholar
- 3.I. A. Fel’dman, “The discrete spectrum of the characteristic equation of radiation transfer theory,” Mat. Issled., 10, No. 1 (35), 236–243, 301 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.N. I. Muskhelishvili, Singular Integral Equations. Boundary Problems of Function Theory and Their Application to Mathematical Physics, Noordhoff, Groningen (1953).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Picard, “Sur les ‘equations int’egrales de troisi’eme esp’ece,” Ann. Sci. Ecole Norm. Sup. (3), 28, 459–472 (1911).Google Scholar
- 7.D. A. Shulaia, “A linear equation of multivelocity transport theory,” Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz., 23, No. 5, 1125–1140 (1983).Google Scholar
- 9.D. A. Shulaia, “Expansion of solutions of the equation of linear multivelocity transport theory in eigenfunctions of the characteristic equation,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 310, No. 4, 844–849 (1990).Google Scholar
- 12.Ya. D. Tamarkin, “On Fredholm’s integral equations whose kernels are analytic in a parameter,” Ann. Math. (2), 28, Nos. 1–4, 127–152 (1926/27).Google Scholar
- 13.F. G. Tricomi, Integral Equations, Pure Appl. Math., 5, Interscience Publishers, New York–London (1957).Google Scholar