Axisymmetric Contact Problem of Thermoelasticity for a Three-Layer Elastic Cylinder with Rigid Nonuniformly Heated Core
- 21 Downloads
We consider an axisymmetric contact problem for a finite three-layer elastic cylinder with rigid nonuniformly heated core under the conditions of external convective heat transfer. The conditions of perfect unilateral mechanical contact and imperfect thermal contact are given on the surfaces of possible contact of the cylinder with the core and between the layers. The variational formulation of the problem is obtained. Finally, we propose an iterative numerical algorithm in each iteration of which it is necessary to solve the uncoupled elasticity and heat-conduction problems and the finite-element method is used for their discretization.
KeywordsContact Problem Heat Conduction Problem Elastic Cylinder Rigid Core Heated Part
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Bobylev, Jr., “Problem of contact interaction of an elastic body with a convex heated punch,” Visn. Dnipropetrovsk Univ., Ser. Mekh., Issue 14, 1, 192–198 (2010).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Bobylev, Jr., “Problem of compression of an elastic two-layer strip by rigid heated convex punches,” in: Visn. Dnipropetrovsk Univ., Ser. Mekh., Issue 14, 2, 15–22 (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.V. S. Zarubin, Engineering Methods for the Solution of Heat-Conduction Problems [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.A. D. Kovalenko, Foundations of Thermoelasticity [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.I. I. Vorovich and V. M. Aleksandrov (editors), Mechanics of Contact Interactions, Collection of Papers [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (2001).Google Scholar
- 10.Ya. S. Podstrigach and Yu. M. Kolyano, Generalized Thermomechanics [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1976).Google Scholar
- 11.Yu. P. Shlykov, E. A. Ganin, and S. N. Tsarevskii, Contact Thermal Resistance [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 12.K. A. Chumak and R. M. Martynyak, “Periodic contact problem of thermoelasticity for bodies with rough surfaces in local regions,” Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater., 48, No. 6, 92–97 (2012); English translation: Mater. Sci., 48, No. 6, 795–801 (2012).Google Scholar